Getting old...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...blew up a hamstring playing football on turkey day. First time, ever. Now I know why football players on TV act like they've been shot when it happens! :lol:

Grade 2 strain so, it's really not that bad but man, it got my attention RIGHT away and, damn, is it ugly! The back of my thigh looks like I was kicked by a horse.

In any event, I didn't stretch or warm up so, I was asking for it and I got it! Lot of slow stretching and a little ibuprofen and I really didn't suffer much.

So, feel sorry for me or take pleasure in my pain, it is the same price. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
To quote my family practice doc, whose been my doc since like 1996, "Well, Bill, as we age........" Only consolation is that through sheer dint of experience with pain, you sort of become blasé about it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
To quote my family practice doc, whose been my doc since like 1996, "Well, Bill, as we age........" Only consolation is that through sheer dint of experience with pain, you sort of become blasé about it.

My doc said the same thing and I was like "I hear you but my name is not Bill..." :lol:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
oh ya, was asked to play softball for a team on base... first practice, tweeked my hammy too, then other things after that, and arm just aint the same anymore from the outfield !

glhs837

Power with Control
Just saw my back doc yesterday. Said he's afraid fusing the bad lower ones would just shift the load to the sketchy uppers ones. Quit with the ships and get on a project to replace crappy spines, Gilligan.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just saw my back doc yesterday. Said he's afraid fusing the bad lower ones would just shift the load to the sketchy uppers ones. Quit with the ships and get on a project to replace crappy spines, Gilligan.

That can happen. I started out with 5 fusions....

I've been told more than once that I should turn my controls expertise on to other areas. Elevator controls, for example; I could build an elevator control servo what make one cover 16 floors in 120 milliseconds, stopping at the destination with less than 2% overshoot.

No takers. ?

glhs837

Power with Control
That can happen. I started out with 5 fusions....

I've been told more than once that I should turn my controls expertise on to other areas. Elevator controls, for example; I could build an elevator control servo what make one cover 16 floors in 120 milliseconds, stopping at the destination with less than 2% overshoot.

No takers. ?

Oh, do I have suggestions........... pretty sure it's illegal to force them into the elevator though......

but we digress, Larry's getting older as we type...... hell, he might be using a Rascal by now. Which I'm sure you could improve.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh, do I have suggestions........... pretty sure it's illegal to force them into the elevator though......

but we digress, Larry's getting older as we type...... hell, he might be using a Rascal by now. Which I'm sure you could improve.

Funny you mention that.... ;-) I was going to leverage some of the technology I developed for this child's lawn ride toy for ages 2-4. Another one I thought was gonna be a huge financial success, but it failed to catch on with parents. With mom's especially.

Walmart wheeler.jpg

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Funny you mention that. I was PISSED because we had a big dirt bike day planned for Saturday and I'm starting to jump again a little bit (not that I could ever jump MORE than a little bit) and I figured I was done. Well, turns out there are three muscles back there and the one I pulled only hurts for walking. It didn't bother me at all posting ALL day on a dirt bike and I even hit a few small doubles. I was waddling around like an old geeze whenever I took a break but up and down was no problem, at all.

glhs837

Power with Control
Funny you mention that.... ;-) I was going to leverage some of the technology I developed for this child's lawn ride toy for ages 2-4. Another one I thought was gonna be a huge financial success, but it failed to catch on with parents. With mom's especially.

View attachment 110782

I see your problem. If only you had come to me first....see, I know Moms, and what sets them off, hit that limiter many time myself. A simple lack of wheelie bars, that's where you went wrong....... keeping those bright cheerful colors, that was great though

GregV814

I was sitting on the floor of my garage working on the cars brakes. When I stood up, my leg drew upwards not unlike a flamingo and I could not move it. A trip to the E/R showed a torn minisucus. Damn it HURT. Surgery followed, but even then it took a few weeks to walk on it without pain. Those atheletes that "work thru it" are unbelievable.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I see your problem. If only you had come to me first....see, I know Moms, and what sets them off, hit that limiter many time myself. A simple lack of wheelie bars, that's where you went wrong....... keeping those bright cheerful colors, that was great though

I still remember the sheer panic that set in after a scene that went something like this:

Son (3 years old): "Gee Dad..that's cool!...you fixed it?" [battery power part had died completely months ago]
Me: "Yep!..sure did. It's ready to go!"
Son: [gets in..engine is running]. [mashes "gas" pedal to the floor just he always did when it was electric powered like it came from Walmart. He ran it flat out always] [oops..I should have anticipated that]

brrrraaaaAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!! [fawking thing takes off like a rocket, with me in hot pursuit, hollering "let off!! let off the gas !!" . He rounds the house at about 35 mph on two wheels..me?..I'm not managing 10 mph.

I heard it shut off. Puffing and panting I finally catch up as my boy is slowly climbing out of that thing...his eyes as big as dinner plates.

Sure glad his Mom wasn't around.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Funny you mention that. I was PISSED because we had a big dirt bike day planned for Saturday and I'm starting to jump again a little bit (not that I could ever jump MORE than a little bit) and I figured I was done. Well, turns out there are three muscles back there and the one I pulled only hurts for walking. It didn't bother me at all posting ALL day on a dirt bike and I even hit a few small doubles. I was waddling around like an old geeze whenever I took a break but up and down was no problem, at all.

Yoga. Seriously. Take up a class of Yoga and you will start to feel better in no time. :yay:

I've been working out in one form or another for many years. Yoga feels sooooooooooooooooo good when you're done with a class and I wish I'd taken it up a long time ago. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you connected a weed eater power head directly to a lawn mower drive axle with no gear reduction ?

Well yeah. The lawnmower axle had a lot of reduction built in. Not enough...but a lot. :evil: And it was a large industrial weed-eater power head..they have pretty robust centrifugal clutches.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yoga. Seriously. Take up a class of Yoga and you will start to feel better in no time. :yay:

^This^ And one of my most frequent nags is...guys don't stretch. They hit the whatever completely cold, then just stop, and that's hard on your body. That's why they hurt and we wimmins don't.