Getting Old

GopherM

Darwin was right
Aging brain cells...a few days ago the wife picked up the "remote" and kept hitting buttons to try and change the channel. Nothing happened. After several seconds she looks at her hand and she had picked up the cordless phone.

Later that same day I put something in the microwave, set the zap time, and set the zapping power level then hit the start button. Nothing happened. I kept hitting the start button and nothing kept happening. I looked in at the food to see what might be wrong and everything looked OK. In fact I had a really good view of the food because the door was open. Closed the door...hit the start button...zapping started.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You are not alone. That was really cute. Thanks for sharing, and the laugh! :smile: You are known to bring laughs and smiles to this forum. Thanks for that.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
are you all on STATINS? I was on Pravastatin and i swear to christ i got seriously stupid after about 5 years of taking it. Stopped and after about 5 months was much better. !!!!!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's okay. I tried to start the car, but the garage door kept opening and closing. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Growing older was working for me for the longest time! I kept getting better and better looking every year.

Then in 2017 I used my VSP and got a new pair of glasses and everything went to hell.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Given some of the stupid and reckless things I did in my earlier years (adventures!!), I am proud to be getting older. I celebrate Birthdays! The forgetfulness, arthritis and frustrations of being technically challenged in an electronic world are so worth it!

TerryLewis

Aging brain cells...a few days ago the wife picked up the "remote" and kept hitting buttons to try and change the channel last minute essay service. Nothing happened. After several seconds she looks at her hand and she had picked up the cordless phone.

Later that same day I put something in the microwave, set the zap time, and set the zapping power level then hit the start button. Nothing happened. I kept hitting the start button and nothing kept happening. I looked in at the food to see what might be wrong and everything looked OK. In fact I had a really good view of the food because the door was open. Closed the door...hit the start button...zapping started.

That happens to me all the time. And in fact, it happened earlier, when I was a handsome young man. It just seems that forgetfulness worsens as you are becoming older. Yes, you are becoming older (and me, and everyone else), but forgetting things and especially taking the wrong things instead of what you meant to take are not always the causes.
Sometimes, even young and healthy people can experience memory distortion or memory loss. Deficiencies in vitamins, anxiety or stress may also be the causes of forgetfulness.

Terry

Last edited: