Getting rid of ground bees

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Very back of the yard - nothing but grass and maybe a little chickweed - it is suddenly swarming with bees. They chased the dog and I back into the house.

I knew there were a few holes back there but given the number of rabbits and snakes I've found in the yard, I had thought the holes were of that nature and not ground bees.

I am highly allergic to bees so they must go.

What methods have you used to get rid of them? I need them gone quickly and safely.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Kerosene and a match then RUN!!!
That will work but wait till sundown when the bees are back in the nest. Or use the commercial wasp/ground bee sprays or a couple of cups of gasoline (no match necessary). The key is wait until the majority have returned to the nest. Oh yeah, with your being allergic have someone else do it.

C

czygvtwkr

Im a big fan of using a quart of gasoline after dark. Don't light it, the fumes takes care of them just fine.

Blister

Im a big fan of using a quart of gasoline after dark. Don't light it, the fumes takes care of them just fine.

Not nearly as exciting though. I lit one off about 15 years ago and was very surpised to find out that they had 2 entrances when the flames shot up about 5 feet behind me.

Lilypad

I found a yellow jacket nest in my yard last year-after running over it w/a lawnmower :jameo: Waited till dark; pour gas in the hole tossed a match in and VvaaaRRRoooooooM - holy crap it sounded like a mini tremor, it seem to go on for 2 mins. Didn't use that much gas, just must have been cavernous! No more bees. :coffee:

C

czygvtwkr

Who was it on here that just sat a running lawn mower over top of a yellow jacket hole and came back an hour later to bee parts everywhere?

Warron

I used some stuff called "Demon Max" that I got on amazon.com on some bumble bees that kept attacking me last year and it worked well. They had a nest under the shed I store my lawn tractor in and would have a fit any time I mowed the lawn. Its a liquid that you apply with a hose sprayer.