Getting the Camping Bug

I tend to do that at this time of year, either the boating bug or a camping bug. Ordered a few camping supplies, should be here in a few days.

I have a small backpacker stove, a Primus #71, made in Sweden from around 1920 to the late '50s.
Worth a few hundred dollars these days. Last time I used it was when I was a Boy Scout back in the '60's, and it is just a great little stove. My dad had possession of it, moved it from NY to Virginia. When we moved dad to Arkansas last year, I took it. Just dug it out. It still had some fuel in it from the '60's :yikes: Decided to fire it up. Lit up like it was new. Just amazing.

Bonehead

I have a SVEA 123 from the 60's same base as the one you pictured different wind screen pot stand. I used mine on the AT in 1972 for a little over 3 months and 2115 miles.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I tend to do that at this time of year, either the boating bug or a camping bug. Ordered a few camping supplies, should be here in a few days.

I have a small backpacker stove, a Primus #71, made in Sweden from around 1920 to the late '50s.
View attachment 135100
Worth a few hundred dollars these days. Last time I used it was when I was a Boy Scout back in the '60's, and it is just a great little stove. My dad had possession of it, moved it from NY to Virginia. When we moved dad to Arkansas last year, I took it. Just dug it out. It still had some fuel in it from the '60's :yikes: Decided to fire it up. Lit up like it was new. Just amazing.
You should show that to Foxhound - he's into the backpacking hiking camping thing. :yay: