"Ghost" buck taken in VA: Nice Deer

jackers

That is quite a unique animal. I am not sure I would have shot it (really bad luck) but boy is that one special.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
That is quite a unique animal. I am not sure I would have shot it (really bad luck) but boy is that one special.

I don't believe in bad luck, but isn't that suppose to be for "albino" deer, this was a piebald!

SpriteZero

We've killed 2 pie balds on our property this year. Don't like doing it, but we don't want them there polluting the woods.

I agree here as white/piebald is a mutation and you would not want that to gene passed on to the next generation.
True that white makes an animal more of a target for predators too.

Good clean shot!!

FullDraw

I agree here as white/piebald is a mutation and you would not want that to gene passed on to the next generation.
True that white makes an animal more of a target for predators too.

Good clean shot!!

I've been hunting for a few years now and have never seen one in the wild until this year. Not only are they ugly but they are very small. Plus there's at least one more running around in the woods

FullDraw

I've been hunting for a few years now and have never seen one in the wild until this year. Not only are they ugly but they are very small. Plus there's at least one more running around in the woods

Dude, I'm sorry I called your momma ugly...geeze
azzhole - i could only wish you fall out of a tree stand and break your neck

luvscats

I'm in the Huntingtown area and we have a white deer with black on its face. The first time I saw it, I thought someone's goat got loose. We've seen it since then as have a number of our neighbors. Don't know if it has been shot yet or not. Since hunting season began in earnest we haven't seen any of the deer. A friend told me that the white ones may be deaf, probably are unable to reproduce, and may be sickly or thin. I have no idea, but they are pretty to look at just because they are different.