Ghosts

WeekEnd2008

its that time of year, does anyone know where you can see, hear,and feel ghosts around southern maryland?
and
does anyone have a ghost story to tell? ( that's you saw,heard, or felt yourself from southern maryland)

Well, I was driving down a lonely road one dark and stormy night. When a little girl by the roadside showed up in my headlights. I stopped and she got in back and in a shaky tone. She said: My name is Mary, please won't you take me home?

She must have been so frightened all alone there in the night. There was something strange about her, for her face was deathly white. She sat so pale and quiet in the back seat all alone. I'll never will forget that night I took Mary home.

I pulled into the driveway where she told me to go. Got out to help her from the car and opened up the door. But I just could not believe my eyes 'cause the back seat was bare. I looked all around the car but Mary wasn't there.

A light shone from the porch, someone opened up the door. I asked about the little girl that I was looking for. Then a lady gently smiled and brushed a tear away. She said: It sure was nice of you to go out of your way.

But thirteen years ago today a wreck just down the road. Our darling Mary lost her life and we miss her so. Thank you for your trouble and the kindness you have shone. You're the thirteenth one who's been here bringing Mary home...:shocking:

WeekEnd2008

wow

Well, I was driving down a lonely road one dark and stormy night. When a little girl by the roadside showed up in my headlights. I stopped and she got in back and in a shaky tone. She said: My name is Mary, please won't you take me home?

She must have been so frightened all alone there in the night. There was something strange about her, for her face was deathly white. She sat so pale and quiet in the back seat all alone. I'll never will forget that night I took Mary home.

I pulled into the driveway where she told me to go. Got out to help her from the car and opened up the door. But I just could not believe my eyes 'cause the back seat was bare. I looked all around the car but Mary wasn't there.

A light shone from the porch, someone opened up the door. I asked about the little girl that I was looking for. Then a lady gently smiled and brushed a tear away. She said: It sure was nice of you to go out of your way.

But thirteen years ago today a wreck just down the road. Our darling Mary lost her life and we miss her so. Thank you for your trouble and the kindness you have shone. You're the thirteenth one who's been here bringing Mary home...:shocking:

what part of the county did this happen in?

belvak

Happy Camper

Thanks for the earworm!! Didn't we do this once before? :lmao:

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Spirits of Point Lookout
Date: 10/25/2008
Time: 7 PM
Duration: 03:30

Spirits of Point Lookout Walking Tour and Lighthouse Tour
Advanced ticket purchase required.
Visit: St. Mary's Kiwanis > Home

North Beach: Haunted Boardwalk
Date: 10/25/2008
Time: 9 AM
Duration: 00:00

Prepare to be scared as you walk the Haunted Boardwalk! Amazing haunted house, costume contest with cool prizes, abandoned graveyard, beach bonfire, pirates galore, and tons of fun by the Chesapeake Bay for kids 12 and under and their families. Come early: the word is out that this is a super fun time: more than 800 kids showed up for this event in 2007!

Haunted Lighthouse Tour
Date: 10/31/2008
Time: 5 PM
Duration: 03:00

Do you think there are ghosts in the lighthouse? Come decide for yourself. The Calvert Marine Museum or 410-326-2042, ext. 41.

me123

its that time of year, does anyone know where you can see, hear,and feel ghosts around southern maryland?
and
does anyone have a ghost story to tell? ( that's you saw,heard, or felt yourself from southern maryland)

American Battlefield Ghost Hunters Society Home

I know Pat Burke he is my friend's Uncle. I'm not sure if he takes people with him but you can check out the website!

I've seen a ghost with him before it was SOOO neat and scary! I had a video camera and he had another one and we saw the same ghost in the video camera but i looked above the camera and didn't seen anything. The story was this guy built a house off of 231 back in the early 1900's (I think) for him and his wife and built a house in the woods for his mistress. When the guy passed away the wife burnt the mistress's house down with her in it and i think we saw the mistress. She has long hair, and had it pulled half way back walking barefoot. You can hear me on the video OH my gosh this is so cool!! I'm so scard but this is sooo cool!!

krisx2

All sorts of weird stuff used to happen to me growing up in my parents' house. There's too much to write here, but one experience was when I was home all alone, about 12 years old, and I felt weird, so I went to my parents' room to watch tv and brought the dog with me. I shut the door, all the way (made sure of that), and the dog was asleep on the bed next to me. I heard footsteps and voices, saw a shadow under the door, like someone was there and I called out to my mom. The door opened by itself and no one was there. I was so scared I left the house and sat outside with the dog in the dark until someone got home.

AndyMarquisLIVE

and

Point Lookout (St Mary's County) and Port Tobacco (Charles County)

craberta

Is this a ghost?

Last Saturday I heard mt little dog running up and down the hall. His little nails clicked on the hardwood floors as he ran up and down. I was awake but had my eyes closed and remembered that he is downstairs in the laundryroom asleep with the cat, they are both really old and have potty accidents, so they have to stay down there for the night. I fell back asleep, when I heard it again. I woke up and thought no it can't be him he is downstairs...maybe it is the big dog. I yell "lay down girl"....I still here the toenails clicking around the floor in the hall and in the kitchen. Then I see the big dog sit up and stretch and look at me with "what did I do"? on her face. Then It stopped, the short doggy was silent. I thought, "oh no my old doggy died and now he is a ghost". I went down stairs and opened the door to the laundry room, and there he and his cat are curled up looking at me. I also hear someone walk down the hall, and my son was here alone one day and scared to death cause "someone was stomping up and down the hall. No one else was here! Lot's of things like that.:shrug: Is it a ghost or a memory haunting?

WeekEnd2008

thanks for the infor

American Battlefield Ghost Hunters Society Home

I know Pat Burke he is my friend's Uncle. I'm not sure if he takes people with him but you can check out the website!

I've seen a ghost with him before it was SOOO neat and scary! I had a video camera and he had another one and we saw the same ghost in the video camera but i looked above the camera and didn't seen anything. The story was this guy built a house off of 231 back in the early 1900's (I think) for him and his wife and built a house in the woods for his mistress. When the guy passed away the wife burnt the mistress's house down with her in it and i think we saw the mistress. She has long hair, and had it pulled half way back walking barefoot. You can hear me on the video OH my gosh this is so cool!! I'm so scard but this is sooo cool!!

wow that was cool

H

HouseCat

My attic. (Explained it in the other thread.) He kept me up for a while last night walking around up there and then he started scratching on the wall right beside the bed. Pissed about something; who knows. I haven't heard him in a while...probably did something he didn't like. I finally told him to cut it out, I'm tired and this is my house now. He does the sh1t tonight and I'm burning the f'n house down. One thing you do not mess with or interrupt is my sleep.

<~~~~~ what I look like right now. Grrrrr