Ghostwalk?

G

giggles04

Does anyone know whether or not the Ghostwalk is still going to be going on at Pt. Lookout? I know that the Point was badly damaged during the hurricane, and had heard that it was going to be cancelled? Anybody know? Or have a number you can call to find out?

Thanks!

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by giggles04
Does anyone know whether or not the Ghostwalk is still going to be going on at Pt. Lookout? I know that the Point was badly damaged during the hurricane, and had heard that it was going to be cancelled? Anybody know? Or have a number you can call to find out?

Thanks!

How badly damaged? Have they closed anything down? I'd like to take a drive down when I get back, but won't waste my time if it's closed.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Ghostwalk?

Originally posted by ememdee19
How badly damaged? Have they closed anything down? I'd like to take a drive down when I get back, but won't waste my time if it's closed.

The park had some serious damage and is closed indefinitely. I think the paper said it would be at least spring before it reopens.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Ghostwalk?

Originally posted by jazz lady
The park had some serious damage and is closed indefinitely. I think the paper said it would be at least spring before it reopens.
They gonna send the ghosts to a hotel?

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous

That bites!:frown:

G

giggles04

Right... it is closed indefinately... and they're hoping for Spring but they're not making any guarentees. All the work that they have done down there in the past year is now gone. Hopefully they can get it straight again.

As for money back... My check never cleared... so don't have to worry!!!!

Athena1078

Social Director
I called Point Lookout. The woman I talked to today said the Kiwanis are looking for another location for Ghostwalk and will have a decision by the end of the week as to whether it is cancelled or not. Point Lookout hopes to have some areas open this week or next, but the camping sites are closed indefinately

Danzig

Originally posted by Athena1078
We already bought tickets, anyway to get our $ back?

Send tix and info to
Kiwanis Club of St. Mary's County
PO box 1470
Lexington Park, MD 20653

I think the tix have to be sent by Oct. 25 ??????

actually the part of the park that is closed is the campgrounds and if you are headin down the road you can't drive past the swimming beach turnoff b/c they put a gate up . The road is washed out in a few places past the gate and the PLO site is fubar. But I get to go down there cause I work there...LOL.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ghostwalk?

Originally posted by thakidistight
actually the part of the park that is closed is the campgrounds and if you are headin down the road you can't drive past the swimming beach turnoff b/c they put a gate up . The road is washed out in a few places past the gate and the PLO site is fubar. But I get to go down there cause I work there...LOL.

Yes, they've updated the information since I posted it. I'm glad to hear that at least part of it is back in operation. Keep us posted on the progress of re-opening the rest.