Giants @ Eagles

Rael

Supper's Ready
This will be an interesting match in my opinion. Eagles favored by three on home turf, and so many "what ifs". What teams are going to show up tonight? An important divisional win for the Eagles, maybe out for a little revenge after their game last September where Giants tied a single-game record of 12 sacks on McNabb?

Turnovers and penalties is what I think this game will be about.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If the Eagles win the division will be up for grabs.

If they lose, the Eagles, Skins and Boys will be fighting for that 5th or 6th seed.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...sorry kids; baring a major player injury, the Giants are the class of the NFC East, the NFC and, probably, the NFL. Last year, it all came together and they are a better team now, after losing two super stars.

They'll win tonight. Comfortably.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...sorry kids; baring a major player injury, the Giants are the class of the NFC East, the NFC and, probably, the NFL. Last year, it all came together and they are a better team now, after losing two super stars.

:yeahthat: Pretty much.

Rael

Supper's Ready

I hope you're right, but we've seen the Giants' performance against the Browns (a 2006 Eli for one). Their win against the Cowboys was good, but I don't consider that much of a credible measure of success this season given their poor shape. The Steelers win was a good one. Giants' early schedule wasn't a very challenging one, either. And the Eagles may be overrated...but they've been playing well, know how important this game is, have a healthy team, and are playing at home. Again, I'm hoping you're right. :cheers:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I hope you're right, but we've seen the Giants' performance against the Browns (a 2006 Eli for one). Their win against the Cowboys was good, but I don't consider that much of a credible measure of success this season given their poor shape. The Steelers win was a good one. Giants' early schedule wasn't a very challenging one, either. And the Eagles may be overrated...but they've been playing well, know how important this game is, have a healthy team, and are playing at home. Again, I'm hoping you're right. :cheers:

...there was a story I read the other day about great teams in history, the Lombardi Packers, the Noll Steelers, the recent Colts and the latest Giants having weeks in great seasons where they just phoned it in one game.

I think the Browns game was that game for the Giants. That said, division games can be some of the best games in football because of familiarity and everyone knows how important division games are.

Hell, the Eagles could rise up, big time, because they have to.

Should be a good one, but, I think the Giants are the class of the league.

:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
...there was a story I read the other day about great teams in history, the Lombardi Packers, the Noll Steelers, the recent Colts and the latest Giants having weeks in great seasons where they just phoned it in one game.

I think the Browns game was that game for the Giants. That said, division games can be some of the best games in football because of familiarity and everyone knows how important division games are.

Hell, the Eagles could rise up, big time, because they have to.

Should be a good one, but, I think the Giants are the class of the league.

:buddies:

Maybe you're right about the Browns game being the exception. And I may be too critical on them, despite being a fan. But I think tonight's outcome will serve either as a validator of the Giants being a true class act, or just another contender in the league's best division.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just another great NFCE game.:buddies:

I'm not sure who I want to win. If the Eagles win it will give the Skins a shot for the division. If the Giants win it will put the Eagles in a hole and the Skins will have a better shot at the wild card.

GraphixMan

losing my mind!
:yahoo:Giants win :yahoo::buddies::yahoo:

But it wasn't pretty by any means!

Not sure if it was due to an very physical eagles d-fence or a tired Brandon Jacobs.....but man...he scared the bajesus out of me with all of the fumbles last night:eyebrow:

besides the turn overs almost killing them, They looked really good as a whole.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Maybe you're right about the Browns game being the exception. And I may be too critical on them, despite being a fan. But I think tonight's outcome will serve either as a validator of the Giants being a true class act, or just another contender in the league's best division.

...happy now? They won a game most decent teams would have lost.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Huh. I musta missed the plays he was on the field for.

???

1:55 left in the game. 3rd and 3, then 4th and 1.... They ran the same play twice. Andy Reid is the play caller right???

"Westbrook was stuffed on two straight plays after McNabb's 7-yard scramble set up a third-and-3 near midfield. McNabb didn't seem to agree with the play calling on Philadelphia's final two plays."
"I want the ball, but the coaches felt we can run it for the yards," he said."

Seems to me, Im not the only one who thought that....

Larry Gude

Strung Out

1:55 left in the game. 3rd and 3, then 4th and 1.... They ran the same play twice. Andy Reid is the play caller right???

"Westbrook was stuffed on two straight plays after McNabb's 7-yard scramble set up a third-and-3 near midfield. McNabb didn't seem to agree with the play calling on Philadelphia's final two plays."
"I want the ball, but the coaches felt we can run it for the yards," he said."

Seems to me, Im not the only one who thought that....

...stop. I'm barely holding on now. I am sooooo sad for the plight of the Eagles I could just break down and....and...

:killingme:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
:yahoo:Giants win :yahoo::buddies::yahoo:

But it wasn't pretty by any means!

Not sure if it was due to an very physical eagles d-fence or a tired Brandon Jacobs.....but man...he scared the bajesus out of me with all of the fumbles last night:eyebrow:

besides the turn overs almost killing them, They looked really good as a whole.

Brandon Jacobs took a helluva shot at some point in that game. He jumped over an Eagle player and got wapped in midair. I think he fumbled the ball, but I was surprised to see him stand up right after the play.

Mind is kinda fuzzy, that's about the time the Nyquil started kicking in. :crazy: :yawn:

LordStanley

I know nothing
...stop. I'm barely holding on now. I am sooooo sad for the plight of the Eagles I could just break down and....and...

:killingme:

What.... Its an honest statement!

The giants held Westbrook to 56 yards all game. So lets give him 2 game ending running plays, when you know the giants will stuff him.