Gibson’s Bakery v. Oberlin College – Trial Day 8

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He raised some important points for the jury that had only been hinted at in previous testimony, which certainly had some direct impact on how Oberlin College acted after students raised the issue of racism in protests about the family and their business in 2016:

• When Gibson’s had had their food service deals with the school cafeterias cancelled, David was called by phone by the private service company that ran the operation, and not the school officials, that his company was no longer doing food service. “The private company managers who called me all apologized for having to get rid of us after the good work we did for them, and I got the feeling they were forced to do so or there would be some problems for them if they didn’t,” Gibson told the jury. He added, “The service managers told me [the decision of end food service] ‘It comes from the college and it comes from the top.’”

• He said that the school repeatedly indicated to him that if the Gibson’s dropped shoplifting charges against the three African-American students who were charged with trying to steal three bottles of wine on Nov, 9, 2016, that they might be able to work out some deal to get them their school cafeteria work back. High ranking school officials also asked him to agree to call the school and not police when shoplifting by students occurred at his store. “I told them we could not give students special treatment because this was something police had to deal with,” he told the jury. “It wasn’t our call to decide who is prosecuted and who is not. They kept answering me by saying, ‘We have to put this behind us,’ and didn’t want to move forward until we agreed to special treatment for students shoplifting. But I kept telling them that we have to be consistent and call the police no matter who is stealing.”

• As to why he thinks this all happened? “I look at this now and realize they wanted me to drop charges this time, and set up a system when we would call the college for first-time offenders,” David Gibson said. “[The school administration] had been accused of being racists by students in the previous year, and I think they used us to deflect from that problem they had. I believe they were using us as a target so that their racial problems with their students would go away.”

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/...d-was-going-to-pass-away-labeled-as-a-racist/

Just let blacks take what they want :sshrug: Right

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Any person or institution who says, "Let them go wild, they're animals anyway," is a racist. Holding people, regardless of ethnicity, accountable for their actions is NOT racist.

The end.

Hijinx

Any person or institution who says, "Let them go wild, they're animals anyway," is a racist. Holding people, regardless of ethnicity, accountable for their actions is NOT racist.

The end.
I agree whole heartedly but the politically correct snowflakes do not understand that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree whole heartedly but the politically correct snowflakes do not understand that.

That's because they are being fed bad intel and think it's okay to stereotype people based on their ethnicity. It's up to us to patiently teach them how to treat others with respect.