Gift Ideas?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
It's easier. My friends and I have been discussing this and most vote no on the gift card. But we lack imagination for much more. Maybe that's the route I'll go.

I hate giving gift cards bc I feel like they lack imagination, but I most definitely prefer to receive them :lol: I'm picky. However, in this case a gift card might be best. Unless you happen to have any hints about some of his interests. Perhaps a book: novel, travel guide, a how-to, etc. Maybe he's one of the few men on earth that like to wear scarves, manly ones of course, with plaid. Or even if he enjoys cooking, a small basket of fancy pasta and sauce and a bottle of wine. Oo or maybe just a six-pack of some cool local craft beer. Men love beer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Boo on the gift card.

Think of it as, what would you gift a female friend that you weren't dating? I like some of Luckybee's ideas: a book, or some sort of non-intimate apparel. Bath & Body Works does nice baskets. Fancy oils and salts if she likes to cook. That sort of thing.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I would not expect, or WANT a gift from someone I am casually dating. Maybe a bottle of wine if we happen to go on an actual date near enough to Christmas. Maybe that's just me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe like Valentine's Day, the solution is to break it off with them at least temporarily so you don't have to deal with the gift issue.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
:jet:.....

and the way to do that... is wrap up a pregnancy test

Really? What kinda message is that coming from a female. It seems to me that it implies "shotgun wedding" not "let's break up"

But then maybe I'm an old school type of guy. You know, the type that actually is responsible and would take care of his woman and unborn child.

Quick Story:
I was casually dating a woman several years ago and we had a date to meet at a restaurant after work. I got to the restaurant first and she ended up being a few minutes late because of work. I was just about to text her when she showed up. She looked serious and upset and as she was taking her coat off and sitting down, she said "Sorry I'm late". The only problem was that she was looking down when she said it softly and I only heard the "I'm late" part. :faint:
I said "What? I thought you were on birth control?" Talk about a misunderstanding!
We had a good laugh but for a split moment there I was all :jameo:

2BRN2B

No Question
Really? What kinis thatthat your sheis that yourda message is that coming from a female. It seems to me that it implies "shotgun wedding" not "let's break up"

But then maybe I'm an old school type of guy. You know, the type that actually is responsible and would take care of his woman and unborn child.

Quick Story:
I was casually dating a woman several years ago and we had a date to meet at a restaurant after work. I got to the restaurant first and she ended up being a few minutes late because of work. I was just about to text her when she showed up. She looked serious and upset and as she was taking her coat off and sitting down, she said "Sorry I'm late". The only problem was that she was looking down when she said it softly and I only heard the "I'm late" part. :faint:
I said "What? I thought you were on birth control?" Talk about a misunderstanding!
We had a good laugh but for a split moment there I was all :jameo:

Who said I was female?

What's most interesting about your statement is that your question was about her birth control vs. knowing your own was in place and effective.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
1) a scarf, hat, glove set - tis the season

2) hot cocoa with a holiday movie dvd and popcorn

3) a bottle of wine, corkscrew and two cheap glasses.

4) Gourmet coffee or tea with a nice travel coffee/tea mug and/or one of those plug in coffee warmers for the office

Oh and don't forget the Christmas or Hanukkah card.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
So you're dating. Not serious, but dating through the holidays....

What do you give?
Something she collects
A nice scarf and earrings
Two tickets to a "make your own dinner" class
A "spa" gift basket (bath bombs, lotion, candles, etc)
A "food" gift basket (bread dipping oil, pancake/waffle mix, dessert mix (cookies/ brownies), etc.
A nice throw/ blanket and a book

2BRN2B

No Question
Gifts have been delivered and received.

I did scarves, gloves and music download cards.

I suppose I was successful. The younger two were excited. The oldest not so much. People are so fickle.

The ideas were very helpful. I'll have this narrowed down by Valentine's ;).