Gifts That you Received That You Didn't Want, but Now LOVE

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I got a present recently that I never wanted, didn't appreciate as I opened it, but have now come to LOVE. It's a table-top pressure cooker, with multi-functionality.

I can use it as a pressure cooker (duh!), a slow cooker, a skillet to sauté, and a steamer/rice cooker. It's pretty damn cool.

And I didn't even realize I wanted it. :biggrin:

What have ya'll gotten that you didn't realize that you wanted/needed?

KDENISE977

I got a present recently that I never wanted, didn't appreciate as I opened it, but have now come to LOVE. It's a table-top pressure cooker, with multi-functionality.

I can use it as a pressure cooker (duh!), a slow cooker, a skillet to sauté, and a steamer/rice cooker. It's pretty damn cool.

And I didn't even realize I wanted it. :biggrin:

What have ya'll gotten that you didn't realize that you wanted/needed?

I got a GIANT Kitchen-Aide food processor that I THOUGHT I wanted :mad: I haven't used it once :ohwell: and it has a bazillion attachments that sit in a nice little briefcase thingy. So i'm the opposite of you

lovinmaryland

My boss put these two things in my stocking that I didnt know I wanted or needed... OMG I can't imagine life w/ out them now. I literally use them every day now!!!

I have trivets but this thing is great. I can literally fit every pan I use for dinner each night on it. Plus its so small it easily tucks away using a lot less space then the other ones I have.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...e=&network=g&gclid=CNS6nt6sgsMCFQ_l7AodEi8ATQ

I used to use a pot holder or t-towel to take bowls I had microwaved out...which of course was all clumsy and I'd slop stuff every where. But these things are great! You put the bowl in them and microwave as you normally would do then boom pull everything out. Easy peasy! Love these!!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/217187..._language=en&gclid=CMq1xoutgsMCFW4V7AodSQsAUQ

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

I got a GIANT Kitchen-Aide food processor that I THOUGHT I wanted :mad: I haven't used it once :ohwell: and it has a bazillion attachments that sit in a nice little briefcase thingy. So i'm the opposite of you

Crap my Cuisinart just broke so I'm in the market for a new one if your interested in selling it :buddies: Get yourself something you will really use or need :yay:

KDENISE977

Crap my Cuisinart just broke so I'm in the market for a new one if your interested in selling it :buddies: Get yourself something you will really use or need :yay:

I just wanted a smaller one :ohwell: but I can't sell it, my husband already thinks he can't buy ANYTHING that I like, this would just prove his theory :lmao:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My boss put these two things in my stocking that I didnt know I wanted or needed... OMG I can't imagine life w/ out them now. I literally use them every day now!!!

I have trivets but this thing is great. I can literally fit every pan I use for dinner each night on it. Plus its so small it easily tucks away using a lot less space then the other ones I have.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...e=&network=g&gclid=CNS6nt6sgsMCFQ_l7AodEi8ATQ

I used to use a pot holder or t-towel to take bowls I had microwaved out...which of course was all clumsy and I'd slop stuff every where. But these things are great! You put the bowl in them and microwave as you normally would do then boom pull everything out. Easy peasy! Love these!!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/217187..._language=en&gclid=CMq1xoutgsMCFW4V7AodSQsAUQ

That is awesome! I had no idea they made anything like that. I may have to get one. Kids use the microwave more than I do. They should make one for plates. Not sure if a dish towel would catch fire or not.

lovinmaryland

That is awesome! I had no idea they made anything like that. I may have to get one. Kids use the microwave more than I do. They should make one for plates. Not sure if a dish towel would catch fire or not.

They might I'm not sure. I always have a vegetable each night w/ dinner and sometimes its something one kid wont eat (brussel sprouts, aspargus, butternut squash, etc...) so I am constantly heating up canned green beans or corn as an alternative. I LOVE them!

sockgirl77

:jet: :jet: :jet: OMG that's like a dream come true for me. Let me buy it from you! I've wanted one for years!

sockgirl77

Nothing here for me. I either sell, return, exchange, or re-gift everything that I do not want. I do not have room for extras and would much rather know that someone else will actually enjoy it.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:jet: :jet: :jet: OMG that's like a dream come true for me. Let me buy it from you! I've wanted one for years!

Last year my dad bought my mom a brand new red one with all the fancy attachments. I was WAY more excited for her present than she was, but for one very good reason: that meant I got her 20+ y/o one :jet: SCORE.

sockgirl77

Last year my dad bought my mom a brand new red one with all the fancy attachments. I was WAY more excited for her present than she was, but for one very good reason: that meant I got her 20+ y/o one :jet: SCORE.

And it's still in perfect condition, isn't it? I see giveaways for them online. I know they're probably a scam, but I need to try.

Homer J

Power Chord

It won't. Microwave ovens use radio waves at a specifically set frequency to agitate water molecules in food. As these water molecules get increasingly agitated they begin to vibrate at the atomic level and generate heat. This heat is what actually cooks food in the oven. A dry towel, as long as there is not metal in it, will probably not even get warm. A damp towel will warm up but not enough to burn. Plates can get hot by absorbing heat from the hot food.

original.jpg