Gilbert Arenas

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The NBA commisioner says he's going to wait until the police investigation and legal proceedures play out, but it looks as though Arenas may be suspended for the rest of the season.

ESPN News just ran a segment on the issue......big, grown up boys, playing with guns in the locker room! They(the guns) should not have been there in the first place.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Did you see what Al Sharpton said? And I quote...

"If it had been a white player pointing a gun at a black player, there would have been much more of an uproar. It's almost as if people are saying, 'Well, we don't expect anything better from our black athletes.'"

Shawn

Then when Arenas gets in trouble Sharpton will say "well what do you expect? these are young talented men who need to be able to protect themselves from blah blah"

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Did you see what Al Sharpton said? And I quote...

I missed that one! Al Sharpton, what an ironic thought!

However, that statement doesn't do much in defense for Arenas' case, now does it?

As someone else pointed out, if he was thinking it was a good idea to take the guns out of his home, for the safety of a newborn, but brings them into the locker room, only to play games with them among his teammates, the two ideas don't make a heck of a lot of sense.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I caught a segment on WUSA9 news where several people were interviewed, and as to what their thoughts were, concerning this case.

Most of them said it was a really dumb move, on Gilbert Arenas' part, and, if THEY were caught bringing firearms into their workplace, stashing them in their lockers, they knew darn well they wouldn't have a job much longer.

What the heck was he thinking?