Gillibrand Platform

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
At the time the letter was written she had an "A" rating from the NRA. Shortly after being elected to the Senate, her score quickly went to an "F" because of her anti-gun voting record.

Now that she's being called out for her hypocrisy, the presidential hopeful is spinning the policy shift as a "simple mistake." "I didn't do the right thing," Gillibrand told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day" Wednesday. "I mean, I think someone who can't recognize when they're wrong is far more concerning if you can never admit when you're wrong. And not only was I wrong, and not only should I have cared more about gun violence in other parts of my state or other parts of my country, I just didn't."

She said she plans to be "far more thoughtful about all issues, regardless of whether it's an issue for my state or my district."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...r-when-kirsten-gillibrand-was-progun-n2546525

Last edited:

This_person

At the time the letter was written she had an "A" rating from the NRA. Shortly after being elected to the Senate, her score quickly went to an "F" because of her anti-gun voting record.

Now that she's being called out for her hypocrisy, the presidential hopeful is spinning the policy shift as a "simple mistake." "I didn't do the right thing," Gillibrand told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day" Wednesday. "I mean, I think someone who can't recognize when they're wrong is far more concerning if you can never admit when you're wrong. And not only was I wrong, and not only should I have cared more about gun violence in other parts of my state or other parts of my country, I just didn't."

She said she plans to be "far more thoughtful about all issues, regardless of whether it's an issue for my state or my district."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...r-when-kirsten-gillibrand-was-progun-n2546525
It's good she can admit when she's wrong - it's clear that will be something she'll need to do many, many, many times in the future.

She should care more about gun violence in other parts of her state or other parts of her country. It really is a problem. The guns are not the problem, and she should figure out what the problem is since it's her job to help find the solution.

gemma_rae

She wasn't being hypocritical she was lying to get elected.

Big difference.
This brought back a recollection. During the 2016 campaign, HRC was filmed during an on air radio broadcast being interviewed live by the hosts, two black guys and a black chick. One of the softball questions the chick asked was "What is the one thing you take with you everywhere you go?". Hillary's reply was 'Hot Sauce', and even claimed she had a bottle in her purse. One of the guys joked, "Now I think you're just pandering to us" with some lite laughter. Hillary said with a straight face "Is it working?" There was a very awkward moment of silence right there, and three very confused hosts!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This brought back a recollection. During the 2016 campaign, HRC was filmed during an on air radio broadcast being interviewed live by the hosts, two black guys and a black chick. One of the softball questions the chick asked was "What is the one thing you take with you everywhere you go?". Hillary's reply was 'Hot Sauce', and even claimed she had a bottle in her purse. One of the guys joked, "Now I think you're just pandering to us" with some lite laughter. Hillary said with a straight face "Is it working?" There was a very awkward moment of silence right there, and three very confused hosts!
This one?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kirstin Gillibrand could strip naked and dance the hoochie koo on a bar stool and still nobody would care about her. She's not going to be President. She's not going to be Vice-President. She's a waste of time and money.

"Hi! Like, ermagerd! * giggle giggle *"

She's an overly perky kindergarten teacher, not a serious leader.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Kirstin Gillibrand could strip naked and dance the hoochie koo on a bar stool and still nobody would care about her. She's not going to be President. She's not going to be Vice-President. She's a waste of time and money.

"Hi! Like, ermagerd! * giggle giggle *"

She's an overly perky kindergarten teacher, not a serious leader.
And after what she did to Al Franken, why bother. Moderate Dems will never forgive her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fun fact:

When KG was running for re-election in 2018 she pledged to serve her full 6 years.

Pretty much the second the election results were in, she reneged and declared herself a 2020 Presidential candidate.

Reactions: BOP

Midnightrider

Fun fact:

When KG was running for re-election in 2018 she pledged to serve her full 6 years.

Pretty much the second the election results were in, she reneged and declared herself a 2020 Presidential candidate.
kind of like trump campaigning on 'lock her up' but then immediately giving her a pass once he was inaugurated

Hijinx

Fun fact:

Gee who else ever did that. Does the name Obama sound familiar?

By the way is she had anything to do with Al Frankens resignations I thank her, but I won't be voting to elect her President.
It takes a bit more than that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gillibrand: Georgia's Heartbeat Abortion Law Is 'Against Christian Faith'

"If you are a person of the Christian faith, one of the tenants of our faith is free will. One of the tenants of our democracy is that we have a separation of church and state, and under no circumstances are we supposed to be imposing our faith on other people. And I think this is an example of that effort," the 2020 candidate said.

[clip]

There were many philosophical and religious problems with Gillibrand's statement, as Southern Baptist Theological Seminary President Al Mohler noted on his podcast "The Briefing."

https://pjmedia.com/faith/gillibrand-georgias-heartbeat-abortion-law-is-against-christian-faith/

Ah Yes Free Will ... Also comes with these ...

The Ten Commandments
  1. You shall have no other Gods but me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
  3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
  4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
  5. Respect your father and mother.
  6. You must not commit murder.
  7. You must not commit adultery.
  8. You must not steal.
  9. You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
  10. You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.
https://albertmohler.com/2019/05/20/briefing-5-20-19

PART I Introducing Kirsten Gillibrand the Theologian

Speaking at a round table there in Georgia at the end of last week, Senator Gillibrand said that laws that would restrict abortion or much less ban them are, again her words were, against Christian faith. Now, what does she mean by that? The use of Christian language or the attempt to co-opt Christianity or Christian theology for political lens isn't new. But we're looking here at the particularly reprehensible pattern of doing so on behalf of abortion. She said that opposing abortion is against the Christian faith. But she went on to speak further, she said, "If you are a person of the Christian faith, one of the tenets of our faith is free will. One of the tenets of our democracy is that we have a separation of church and state, and under no circumstances are we supposed to be imposing our faith on other people." And she said, "I think this is an example of that effort." She made those statements at a press conference following the round table.

So we need to note that Senator Gillibrand didn't merely say that laws restricting abortion are against Christian faith. She went on to make, in her own way, an explicitly theological argument. We often look at the fact that theology is always there just beneath the headlines, but in this case, we don't have to go looking for it. It's right there before our eyes.

Now, what would be the theological argument that Senator Gillibrand would make? Well, what she cited here was what she identifies as a major tenet or doctrine of the faith, which is free will. Now, is that true or is that false? Let's just back up for a moment and recognize that debates even controversies over the nature and operation of the human will aren't new to Christian history. As a matter of fact, they are some of the most long-standing and sometimes heated theological debates within the Christian tradition. But we also have to note that that debate is not really what's at stake here. That theological debate associated with some of the biggest theological names in church history, Augustine, the Early Church father, Thomas Aquinas in the Middle Ages, and then the Protestant reformers, including Luther and Calvin. And then, of course, the developments within the Protestant tradition after the reformation, the development of a more reformed stream that would also include Lutherans in the sense of the magisterial reformation, and then the more Arminian tradition.

There were good arguments, continuing arguments, over the nature and operation of the human will. But what's important to note is to see that that's not really what's at stake here. When Senator Gillibrand refers to a major tenet of our faith being free will, she wasn't intending to get into a debate between Calvinist and Arminians. No, she was trying to say that the affirmation of human responsibility and the operation of the human will in decision-making means that we should be hands off when it comes to legislation about abortion. We should honor free will, in this sense, that is human decision making and moral responsibility above all else. That's what's really at stake here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There should be a law that candidates must resign their current elected position before running for President. Currently we have all these lazy Democrats running around the country going on talk shows and holding "I love me" rallies instead of doing their job. You'd think their constituents would have a problem with that.

Rommey

There should be a law that candidates must resign their current elected position before running for President. Currently we have all these lazy Democrats running around the country going on talk shows and holding "I love me" rallies instead of doing their job. You'd think their constituents would have a problem with that.
I doubt there could be a federal law to cover this since it's up to the individual states to conduct the elections. For instance, Biden was able to run for his Senate state while also being on the ballot for VP in 2008 because Delaware law allowed that. At what point would they have to resign? How many wink "fact finding trips" wink could they take before they are officially a candidate?

However, it would be interesting to see how many would throw their hat in the ring if such a law was in effect during the past elections, Cruz, Rubio, and Graham wouldn't be in the Senate right now (assuming they went forward with their 2016 campaigns). Makes you wonder how many would give up the security of a Senate seat for the chance to run for President.