Girl Scouts Push ‘Anti-Racism’ Guide That Claims Color-Blindness ‘Perpetuates Racism’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“While we should be having conversations about race and racism regularly, checking in with your girl is crucial when racist violence claims lives and sparks widespread protest, grief, and unrest around the nation,” the article reads. “Having honest discussions about race is important for all families, and it’s vital to have them on a regular basis, even if you find it uncomfortable or you think your kids already know about racism and understand right from wrong.”

“Saying ‘we’re all the same’ or ‘I don’t see color’ might be well-intentioned, but it perpetuates racism because it disregards part of people’s identities,” the article continues. “Plus, saying everyone is the same implies that everyone has the same experiences and is treated the same in our society — which statistics and the everyday discrimination faced by Black people and other people of color show isn’t the case.”

White Girl Scouts were encouraged to look at the power structures within their neighborhood and school to determine their privilege and understand racism.

BOP

“While we should be having conversations about race and racism regularly, checking in with your girl is crucial when racist violence claims lives and sparks widespread protest, grief, and unrest around the nation,” the article reads. “Having honest discussions about race is important for all families, and it’s vital to have them on a regular basis, even if you find it uncomfortable or you think your kids already know about racism and understand right from wrong.”

“Saying ‘we’re all the same’ or ‘I don’t see color’ might be well-intentioned, but it perpetuates racism because it disregards part of people’s identities,” the article continues. “Plus, saying everyone is the same implies that everyone has the same experiences and is treated the same in our society — which statistics and the everyday discrimination faced by Black people and other people of color show isn’t the case.”

White Girl Scouts were encouraged to look at the power structures within their neighborhood and school to determine their privilege and understand racism.

Which is what they did with males and females. "There's absolutely zero difference between men and women, and you're a misogynistic patriarch if you dare say differently!"

Right up until trannys started taking over for women in sports and beauty contests, thereby proving that men can do literally everything women can do, and do it better.

DaSDGuy

Boy Scouts were forced to allow girls to join. When will Girls Scouts stop discriminating based on gender and allow boys and trans to join? Asking for a friend who wants to volunteer for camp outs.

Smokey1

Boy Scouts were forced to allow girls to join. When will Girls Scouts stop discriminating based on gender and allow boys and trans to join? Asking for a friend who wants to volunteer for camp outs.

Some are more equal than others.

Hijinx

What a simple minded sentence that is.
Girl Scouts in Chicago could look at their power structure( Lori Lightfoot ) and see real quick who is privileged in Chicago.,and understand racism.

SamSpade

My girl is in "Scouts". She tried Girl Scouts and hated it - too much focus on stuff she had zero interest in.

She might CALL herself a tomboy, but she's really nothing of the kind - she dresses well, paints her nails and her girlfriend's nails and does all the things your typical teenager wants to do. She also doesn't mind getting dirty - she likes camping - and she went for the fishing merit badge a week or two ago. She loves sports, but she loves to giggle with her friends, hang out at the pool and all that. She just likes to be outdoors. Mostly.

The reason Girl Scouts are suffering is because one, they've become a cookie franchise and two - they largely fail at the mission of Scouting. It may well be that the persons running the troops have zero outdoor experience, but it's not fun for some of these girls.

The MAIN reason BSA admitted girls however, is in fact, failing membership. I wish it weren't true, because Scouting for my son has been the best thing in his life. It has given him confidence, courage and skills. He relates with other boys in a way that school never did. And he's had a few cracks at actual leadership. I know that the same things plague Scouts as it always has - competition from sports, school extra-curricular activities and of course, something it's always been stigmatized for - a bunch of do goodie goodie nerds.

Of course, I've seen them in action. A lot of the older scouts are pretty damned tough. When the power is out, you can bet they know exactly what to do; in a natural disaster, they're on top of it. And if you need volunteers for something really big, you know they'll be first in line.

rio

My girl is in "Scouts". She tried Girl Scouts and hated it - too much focus on stuff she had zero interest in.

She might CALL herself a tomboy, but she's really nothing of the kind - she dresses well, paints her nails and her girlfriend's nails and does all the things your typical teenager wants to do. She also doesn't mind getting dirty - she likes camping - and she went for the fishing merit badge a week or two ago. She loves sports, but she loves to giggle with her friends, hang out at the pool and all that. She just likes to be outdoors. Mostly.

The reason Girl Scouts are suffering is because one, they've become a cookie franchise and two - they largely fail at the mission of Scouting. It may well be that the persons running the troops have zero outdoor experience, but it's not fun for some of these girls.

The MAIN reason BSA admitted girls however, is in fact, failing membership. I wish it weren't true, because Scouting for my son has been the best thing in his life. It has given him confidence, courage and skills. He relates with other boys in a way that school never did. And he's had a few cracks at actual leadership. I know that the same things plague Scouts as it always has - competition from sports, school extra-curricular activities and of course, something it's always been stigmatized for - a bunch of do goodie goodie nerds.

Of course, I've seen them in action. A lot of the older scouts are pretty damned tough. When the power is out, you can bet they know exactly what to do; in a natural disaster, they're on top of it. And if you need volunteers for something really big, you know they'll be first in line.
When I was a Girl Scout (just a few decades ago) we went camping, in tents, cooking over a fire, getting our own fire wood, etc... We went rock climbing, volunteered at senior centers, went carolling in hospitals, learned life skills like cooking and sewing. I was in it for 11 years. My girls came along and I thought it would be great for them. They each did one year. They made lame,useless crafts, "camped" for one night with pizza ordered and delivered, s'mores over a fire pit that an adult started, then went home because it might rain. GS today sucks.