Glasses? Lasik? Or a new speechwriter? Which is needed?

transporter

Didn't watch Trump's July 4th speech yesterday. Had better things to do and really didn't care in any case.

However, reading over the reviews this morning, it is amazing how low the bar in this country is now for the office of the President. Trump didn't give a highly partisan campaign style speech. Trump stayed on script. These are the two reasons why the headlines are noting this as a successful speech. How utterly pathetic.

I did catch some clips...unless he is berating someone or bullying someone or lying like a sailor in a new port of call...Trump just can't deliver an on script speech.

Regardless of all that, there is another thing that is certain: Trump can't read the teleprompter or he needs to hire new speechwriters:

"The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown,” Trump said while reading the teleprompter in the rain.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket's red glare it had nothing but victory,” he continued. “And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant."

We defeated Cornwallis at Yorktown. Cornwallis wasn't from Yorktown. This is written so poorly that one could easily come to the conclusion that Trump believes Ft McHenry was attacked during the Revolutionary War.

Then there is the stunningly obvious stupidity of the Army and how it "it took over the airports" either during the Revolutionary War or War of 1812...who know what the writer intended, what Trump knows or what Trump can see on the teleprompter. Can he not see the words? Did he not look over the speech before he gave it? Did he not understand while reading that airports didn't exist in the 1780s or in 1812?

I caught the clip of Trump advising young people to join the military..."do as I say, not as I do"?? How many deferments were given to "cadet bone spurs"??

A good speechwriter would have clearly delineated the change from Revolutionary War comments to War of 1812 comments...and a good speechwriter would never have Trump recommend that others join the military. But Trump doesn't surround himself with quality people.

It sort of also goes without saying that Independence Day isn't about the military...in fact it has nothing to do with the military at all. It is an ideal. But that is lost on a President who knows nothing of our history.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :tantrum :spittle: :jameo: TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :cussing: :bawl: BAD MAN!!!! ORANGEMANBAD!!! :cds: TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :yikes: TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :cds: :tantrum :spittle: :jameo: TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :bawl: :bawl: BAD MAN!!!! ORANGEMAN!! :cds: TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :yikes: TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!! :cds:

It's heeeeeeeeeeearrrrrrrr!

:lmao:

phreddyp

Didn't watch Trump's July 4th speech yesterday. Had better things to do and really didn't care in any case.

However, reading over the reviews this morning, it is amazing how low the bar in this country is now for the office of the President. Trump didn't give a highly partisan campaign style speech. Trump stayed on script. These are the two reasons why the headlines are noting this as a successful speech. How utterly pathetic.

I did catch some clips...unless he is berating someone or bullying someone or lying like a sailor in a new port of call...Trump just can't deliver an on script speech.

Regardless of all that, there is another thing that is certain: Trump can't read the teleprompter or he needs to hire new speechwriters:

We defeated Cornwallis at Yorktown. Cornwallis wasn't from Yorktown. This is written so poorly that one could easily come to the conclusion that Trump believes Ft McHenry was attacked during the Revolutionary War.

Then there is the stunningly obvious stupidity of the Army and how it "it took over the airports" either during the Revolutionary War or War of 1812...who know what the writer intended, what Trump knows or what Trump can see on the teleprompter. Can he not see the words? Did he not look over the speech before he gave it? Did he not understand while reading that airports didn't exist in the 1780s or in 1812?

I caught the clip of Trump advising young people to join the military..."do as I say, not as I do"?? How many deferments were given to "cadet bone spurs"??

A good speechwriter would have clearly delineated the change from Revolutionary War comments to War of 1812 comments...and a good speechwriter would never have Trump recommend that others join the military. But Trump doesn't surround himself with quality people.

It sort of also goes without saying that Independence Day isn't about the military...in fact it has nothing to do with the military at all. It is an ideal. But that is lost on a President who knows nothing of our history.
In other words it was a great speech totally fitting for Independence Day . Well done Mr. Trump !!!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It was a fantastic speech. And his head doesn't bounce back and forth like he's watching a tennis match. like his predecessor.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If you didn't care, why all the blahblahblah? Your screed is no different than an "I'm sorry, but...."
And the fact he didn't even watch it.
"Didn't watch Trump's July 4th speech yesterday. Had better things to do and really didn't care in any case."

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I heard that the teleprompter started acting up due to weather and then finally died later on. So minor slips, misspeaks ain't no big deal. It is nice to know that the OP had something to bitch about an otherwise extremely good speech.

CPUSA

BOP

Do you even DD214, bro?

Midnightrider

I heard that the teleprompter started acting up due to weather and then finally died later on. So minor slips, misspeaks ain't no big deal. It is nice to know that the OP had something to bitch about an otherwise extremely good speech.
Just as minor as ‘was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Glasses? Lasik? Or a new speechwriter? Which is needed?
Are you asking for a friend?

I did catch some clips...
Two observations.

First, aren't you in violation of the very standards you hold others here on the forum to? Second hand sources and all that jazz...?

Second, I served 30 years. And you know what, his deferment doesn't bother me at all. As BOP noted...

Do you even DD214, bro?
If so, let's hear it. If not, bugger off.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
This is definitely Covfefe funny:

Go here for more:

Seriously, click over. Most of us will find this week's collection quite funny! The others, well....

Dare I say it..., "Just do it!"

If we can't laugh at ourselves... (and all that).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited: