Global warming causes busy hurricane season.....

Hijinx

We had a lot of rainfall, Ruined my Tomato's.
usually they bear until late September and now they are done.

The grass is so thick it's hard to cut and never dries.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've noticed it differently. I remember strong storms followed by clear, cool air and blue skies, true cool fronts moving thru. Now it's all just a mash of weather, clear blue sky days like yesterday are far and few between.

The first year, and a few after that, that I moved here, I couldn't cut the grass because there was none. Just bone dry brown straw from June thru September. Like Jinx said, past few years the grass is thick and lush and never dries out.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

All symptoms of a weakening magnetosphere, (it's down near 25% now), along with the poles shifting, and the sun entering cycle 25 becoming more active throwing out more CME's and plasma along with solar wind incursions. Also known as Earth's climate change beyond our control.

22AcaciaAve

We had a lot of rainfall, Ruined my Tomato's.
usually they bear until late September and now they are done.

The grass is so thick it's hard to cut and never dries.

Really, that's interesting. This has been one of my better years for tomatoes. It has been a little different though. Normally I start getting them just after July 4th, they peak by late July/early August, and then they straggle into September. This year they were late, not coming in until mid to late July. They are just peaking now. I'm getting a lot of huge nice tomatoes. I figure they will start dying down now, but continue at a slower pace well into late September. I think the cooler June was most responsible.

Do agree that the grass is thicker than normal though. Normally by this time the heat and less rain enable me to go 2-3 weeks between cuts. This year anything over 10 days and it is unmanageable.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The weather hasn't been very favorable to me getting the freezer restocked with fish this year. It seems like every time there is a favorable tide and I'm not working, the weather kicks in to ruin it. Hopefully September will be a little more hospitable and I'll make up for lost time.

herb749

Aren't they already a third of the way through the alphabet with storms in Mexico & west coast. Then all the named storms last year that got nowhere near the coasts. Its like they get paid to name more storms.