Global Warming will destroy 1.25 million species

tater

Global warming my azz ! I just came in from out side and Jack Frost was nippin at my g/d nads. :cussing:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by tater
Global warming my azz ! I just came in from out side and Jack Frost was nippin at my g/d nads. :cussing:

I KNEW that there was a reason I should post this today!:lmao:

Toxick

Splat
Why are we wasting money on these kinds of studies when we could be using that money to pay for universal health care?!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did the Nature paper also say that this armageddon will take place in about 10,000 years? And did it also mention that the earth is constantly evolving and that animals that once roamed this planet are no longer with us because of this fact?

I swear, all someone has to do to make me realize they're a tard and tune them out is to mention global warming.

TripleJ

When we are about to experience what is the coldest weather we have had in ninety years, it seems strange to be talking about global warming?:cheers:

Warron

>>When we are about to experience what is the coldest weather we have had in ninety years, it seems strange to be talking about global warming?<<

We have also had the highest average yearly tempertures on record in many of the last few years. A couple cold spikes doesn't make an ice age.

There may not be enough direct evidence to take drastic action over the theory of global warming, but there is enough that It can't be ignored all together.

I agree though, that climate change and species extinction have been going on pretty much forever. It's a little late to start crying about it now.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by tlatchaw
According to the journal "Nature" (normally considered a reputable scientific periodical) the world will lose 1.25million species due to global warming

And somehow Tigger survives :confused:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I liked the Times article as it debunks the report in Nature. The claim that 20% of sampled species will disappear in 50 years with a warming of .8 degrees Celsius makes me wonder what 20% of species were lost during the past 100 years when we measured an equal (if not greater) change in the temperature. I think this is just more junk science trying to meet the agenda of a special interest group.

SurfaceTension

Originally posted by Ken King
I liked the Times article as it debunks the report in Nature. The claim that 20% of sampled species will disappear in 50 years with a warming of .8 degrees Celsius makes me wonder what 20% of species were lost during the past 100 years when we measured an equal (if not greater) change in the temperature. I think this is just more junk science trying to meet the agenda of a special interest group.

:yeahthat: Funny how the earth first crowd always laments the loss of species because "one of them may hold the key to AIDS/cancer/aging/(insert worst fear)". Consider, however, that the loss of these species creates voids in the animal kingdom that are eventually filled with new & better creatures (critter capitalism :biggrin: ). Now consider that as these new creatures emerge, in a world now containing AIDS/cancer/aging/(insert worst fear), the likelyhood increases that the new guys WILL be more helpful to the ever-changing planet AND mankind.

Some folks act as if the world began when they were born and should (must!) remain static forever. Those that are able to adapt to reality fare much better, in all aspects.

Last edited: