Gluten allergy

residualvisuals

black widow
I have a friend who has a gluten allergy... I found gluten-free beer for her at the health food store in Leonardtown :)

[Edit]: The gluten-allergy definitely seems to have its positives - she stays slim and healthy all the time. The allergy makes her stay away from pretty much all of the evil food groups. And she still gets to drink beer!

M

makemepurr

My 13yo has a gluten allergy. She sometimes has a hard time focusing on a task, and after we took her off of gluten, she was able to focus MUCH better. That is not the only problem, but that is a HUGE one for her. It's AMAZING what gluten can do to your body. We have decided to take her almost completely off of gluten.

Iv4girlz

My 2 Grandchildren Have It. It Is Called I Believe Silliac Disease Or Spelled Something Like That. If Not Taken Car Of It Can Do Serious Intestinal Problems

mdsmile44

My daughter was dx with Celiac 2 years ago. Since then I have been trying to be GF as well. I have educated myself a lot over the last few years. There is a support group that meets the 1st Thursday of the Month at 7pm at St. Mary's Hospital. They are a wealth of information.

slseaweed

Thank you everyone for all the responses. Especially the one about the support group at St. Mary's Hospital. Do you happen to know who I would contact about that group?