Glyphosate [[Round-Up]] Vs. Caffeine: Acute and Chronic Toxicity Assessments Explained

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
The link is to a very long and dense SCIENTIFIC article that speaks to how courts/juries are getting the Round-Up story absolutely wrong.

BLUF: Round-Up is FAR, FAR less toxic than what you may be seeing on TV, hearing on the radio, etc. (from those ambulance chaser ads).

My take: what is happening in the courts (where juries are awarding damages for Round-Up use) are hurting both the legal system and the scientific method. Lawyers, activists, etc. are misusing data/statistics to win awards from juries who are more interested in the story than the science.

Anyway, for many (most?) the article will be in the TL;DR category, but it's an important piece. So posting it as a resource for those interested in the subject.

Link: http://fafdl.org/blog/2017/04/13/glyphosate-vs-caffeine-acute-and-chronic-toxicity-assessments-explained/

Saw a post about this on AoS (good in and of itself) and followed the link. Glad I did.

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not a huge fan of tort lawyers and their class action lawsuits. They're predators who rake in the millions while the actual plaintiffs receive zilch.

I think it's Grisham who wrote a book called "King of Torts". It was a pretty good inside look at the industry.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
how courts/juries are getting the Round-Up story absolutely wrong.

the scare is being funded by leftists I KNEW from day one it was bull sht

Lawyers, activists, etc. are misusing data/statistics to win awards from juries who are more interested in the story than the science.

The Asbestos lawyers begat and funded Smoking - 2nd hand smoke lawsuits which begat and funded Silicone Breast Implant lawsuits

by the time the science PROVED No causality between SBI and Conective Tissue problems Dow had already paid out millions

DDT MAY cause cancer, but it was EFFECTIVE at killing mosquitoes in Africa ... now that is gone, people are once again dying from mosquitoes

Last edited: