GM Road

MMDad

Lem Putt
http://www.stmarystoday.com/Death Walk.htm

I don't really agree with the rhetoric in this article, but can you imagine being the kid in the car? She was almost attacked for what the idiot did.

A kid on a bike side swiped me a few years ago. He was okay, and he was at fault, but I couldn't drive through that intersection for more than a year. It scared the crap out of me.

MMDad

Lem Putt
missperky said:
Wasn't her fault he was in the road :shrug:

Exactly. The kid that hit me ran a red light, against traffic, and no helmet. It didn't help me.

This kid will see this for years. And to think people blame her.

M

missperky

MMDad said:
Exactly. The kid that hit me ran a red light, against traffic, and no helmet. It didn't help me.

This kid will see this for years. And to think people blame her.
Like the accident in 234, when the women hit someone in the road, hello...get out of the road, especially at night and then people wondered why she didn't stay, they would have killed her. UFB!

MMDad

Lem Putt
missperky said:
Like the accident in 234, when the women hit someone in the road, hello...get out of the road, especially at night and then people wondered why she didn't stay, they would have killed her. UFB!

I just told my wife about this, and she mentioned how we drive down roads with no shoulders, and suddenly you see a set of teeth in front of you. People wear dark clothes and walk in the road. We've been lucky so far, but....

I don't care how cool you think you are, there is no such thing as a good looking corpse.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel sorry for that girl. She has to live with the knowledge that she killed a man, even though it wasn't her fault. And certainly this drunken idiot's relatives will try to find a way to blame her for his death so they can get their payday.

They didn't care enough about the guy to prevent him from getting hammered and walking in front of a moving vehicle, but you better believe they will care about him now.

M

missperky

MMDad said:
I just told my wife about this, and she mentioned how we drive down roads with no shoulders, and suddenly you see a set of teeth in front of you. People wear dark clothes and walk in the road. We've been lucky so far, but....

I don't care how cool you think you are, there is no such thing as a good looking corpse.
And people wonder why they get hit. Last minute, no choice.

I agree!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My heart goes out to that kid. It will haunt her for the rest of her life. :frown:

I drive through there every day to and from work and have had too many close calls with pedestrians for comfort, especially at night. There is a crosswalk they can use and safely cross the street, but many choose to dart across traffic instead of walking a few extra feet.

M

missperky

vraiblonde said:
I feel sorry for that girl. She has to live with the knowledge that she killed a man, even though it wasn't her fault. And certainly this drunken idiot's relatives will try to find a way to blame her for his death so they can get their payday.

They didn't care enough about the guy to prevent him from getting hammered and walking in front of a moving vehicle, but you better believe they will care about him now.
Just the thought of the guilt she is gonna have, sad.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
:yeahthat: What ever happened to an 'accident'?

MMDad

Lem Putt
I know the family that owns the store. I understand that they feel that they should be able to make a living, and they are only catering to a demand.

Still, if it were me, I couldn't run that business in that place. The only difference between them and drug dealers is that they are killing people legally.

M

missperky

MMDad said:
I know the family that owns the store. I understand that they feel that they should be able to make a living, and they are only catering to a demand.

Still, if it were me, I couldn't run that business in that place. The only difference between them and drug dealers is that they are killing people legally.
Is this the store across the street from what looks to be a thrift store(brick building)?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
The only difference between them and drug dealers is that they are killing people legally.
They aren't killing anyone. People are free to get drunk or not get drunk. That's their choice and having a liquor store nearby doesn't mean you will become an alcoholic.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
missperky said:
Is this the store across the street from what looks to be a thrift store(brick building)?

Its the Stop & Rob store across the street from the ghetto trailer park behind the old Midway bar and Mikes bar.

PrepH4U

If you have to drive down Great Mills rd at night, you have to be careful and very observant. It's like the pedistrians are playing chicken and we as the drivers have not been informed. Many wear dark clothing and many times you only catch glimpse of them as you are driving by them. I feel very sorry for that driver! I am suprised that it isnt a daily occurance in that area.

nomoney

just got done reading the enterprise about this....they list both juvenile's names.(the driver and passenger) I thought they couldn't do that legally? Am I wrong? What's the rule on this?