GMP cable help!

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by CableChick
Dude! You are stressed! Get a life.

I was merely stating MY OPINION as were you. I didn't get ugly, as you just did.

To be honest, I work for Comcast. And love the service. DSL is NOT as good as cable modem. You think different. Fine. Get over it.

I go wireless. I run a network as well. Big deal.

Have a nice day.
:biggrin:
:high5:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by DarbyOhara
You're not paying 80 plus a month? How do you figure that?

13 for basic cable... <---- MUST have

20 something for upper channels... <--- MUST have

50 something for Internet....

Wanna add them up again?

Maybe I just got a better deal than you. :loser:

CMC122

Go Braves!
You're not paying 80 plus a month? How do you figure that?

13 for basic cable... <---- MUST have

20 something for upper channels... <--- MUST have

50 something for Internet....

Wanna add them up again?
You don't think she knows what her own friggen bill says:confused:

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by CableChick
Dude! You are stressed! Get a life.

I was merely stating MY OPINION as were you. I didn't get ugly, as you just did.

To be honest, I work for Comcast. And love the service. DSL is NOT as good as cable modem. You think different. Fine. Get over it.

I go wireless. I run a network as well. Big deal.

Have a nice day.
:biggrin:

Little girl... I am not stressed... just supporting my facts.. which you either don't know how, or you can't!

Don't even know what you're doing in this conversation since the original question was about southern maryland cable. We don't have comcast down here... so go away!

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by CMC122
You don't think she knows what her own friggen bill says:confused:

No... I suppose I had to explain it to them...
I am sure you were just eager to jump in with your ugly attitude, as always in the past.... just another forum clown...:barf:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Re: Re: Re: hmmm...

Don't even know what you're doing in this conversation since the original question was about southern maryland cable. We don't have comcast down here... so go away!

Exactly. She wasn't asking about DSL. What are you doing in this conversation?

CMC122

Go Braves!
No... I suppose I had to explain it to them...
I am sure you were just eager to jump in with your ugly attitude, as always in the past.... just another forum clown...:barf:
:lol: Ok. I've never delt with you before but if you say so:lol:

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by mAlice
Maybe I just got a better deal than you. :loser:

Maybe you just don't know how to add....

And a few wonder why people lurk and don't come back to this scum hole of a forum... I try to help and give advice only to get the usual clowns with their nasty attitudes...

Sorry, I don't have all day to play lobby fights with little kids...

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Re: hmmm...

Little girl... I am not stressed... just supporting my facts..

Do you happen to teach Science at Calvert High, by any chance?

K

Kizzy

Re: my opinion...

My personal opinion is that if you can get DSL, go with that!

DSL is cheaper, you have an independant connection and since I have a network within my residence, I feel it is more reliable.

Cable costs too much and you are on a shared platform (the IP decides the number within each group)... and it's growing, so that means the connections are getting overwhelmed and at times, very slow.

Unfortunately I am in an area (a bit south of Lex Park) that I can't get DSL.. nor do they have any plans to upgrade in that area... so I am stuck with cable... for now. Satellite is not an option and wireless needs another few years before it's acceptable.

The problem with GMP cable and their Internet is their forced bundling. You *must* purchase the upper channels to get the Internet. You *must* purchase the basic package in order to get the upper channels. I wrote to the FCC inquiring about this and they responded by saying that the local franchising authority ("LFA") will adopt and enforce the standards. That would be the state and county... so we are screwed there....

If you get a deal, look for your monthly bill to be 80 plus after that! good luck!

First, cable Internet cost $44.99 a month, if you get expanded basic, you get a discount for buying the package but you do not have to buy both, if you need to rent the modem, well your price goes up. My combined price for both is $72 and some change with GMP, Comcast is slightly higher depending if you are in Calvert or Charles.

Verizon is currently planning to service more than 80% of their customers in Maryland with DSL within the next 30 months. DSL is cheaper but only by $10.00 a month and there again, you get a discount if you already have a long distance package.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Maybe you just don't know how to add....

And a few wonder why people lurk and don't come back to this scum hole of a forum... I try to help and give advice only to get the usual clowns with their nasty attitudes...

Sorry, I don't have all day to play lobby fights with little kids...

Make everyone happy and go back to lurking. It's obvious that if we don't agree with you you're going to insult us and call us nasty children. Typical control freak behavior.

:loser:

DarbyOhara

Musician
Re: Re: my opinion...

Originally posted by IM4Change
First, cable Internet cost $44.99 a month, if you get expanded basic, you get a discount for buying the package but you do not have to buy both, if you need to rent the modem, well your price goes up. My combined price for both is $72 and some change with GMP, Comcast is slightly higher depending if you are in Calvert or Charles.

Verizon is currently planning to service more than 80% of their customers in Maryland with DSL within the next 30 months. DSL is cheaper but only by $10.00 a month and there again, you get a discount if you already have a long distance package.

Wrong! with GMPexpress in southern maryland... you MUST buy the expanded to get Internet... call again, you'll find I am right!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Re: my opinion...

Originally posted by IM4Change
My combined price for both is $72 and some change with GMP, Comcast is slightly higher depending if you are in Calvert or Charles.

My cable TV and internet (Comcast) combined is only $60.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Re: Re: Re: my opinion...

Wrong! with GMPexpress in southern maryland... you MUST buy the expanded to get Internet... call again, you'll find I am right!

Sounds like you got screwed. :roflmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This just keeps getting funnier! :roflmao:

Durby's sig says "Nothing is certain except death, taxes - and calls from telemarketers regardless of do-not-call.gov. That don't work! Ask AT&T!"

do-not-call worked just fine for me. I haven't had a single telemarketer call since it started.

sux2bdurby :lmao:

DarbyOhara

Musician
lol...

Originally posted by Barbra
wow.gif
Well well well. Look what the cat puked up. Nice to see you, Darby.

hi there Barbra... I see some things (or people) just never change on here. It certainly wasn't hard to stay away... I had a question about a builder and I thought to ask on here... heck my profile account was still active... lol.

Of course, this thread... shows perhaps I should have asked the question and moved on... I did read through a bunch before and .. same ole same ole...

and whatcha mean puke :bawl: lol.