gmp cable

J

Jskijunky

Is there anyone with GMP cable internet service that can tell me what the incoming and outgoing addresses are. I had to wipe and reformat my harddrive last night and in doing so, I lost all my email info. In order to setup the account again, I need these things. And since GMP will not answer their phone today, I thought maybe you guys could help. TIA

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by mainman
GMP didn't answer the phone? :confused: That's odd...

Well, It's like everyone says: they don't answer their phone, and when they do decide to actually service the customers, they're rude, they're stupid and they don't help you with your problems.

Everyone knows that.

Oddly, whenever I call, the phone is always answered promptly, the person I'm talking to is always polite and professional, and 9 times out of 10 they can help me over the phone, and when they can't they send someone over.

I wonder why I'm so special.

K

Kizzy

Everone has me worried with GMP horror stories. Are they that bad?

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by IM4Change
Everone has me worried with GMP horror stories. Are they that bad?
Not in the north side of the county. The system is more updated there.

krankykrab

YES!!! Their service is horrible, stations are all fuzzy, and yes I have tried to call many, many, many times when I have a problem and gues what?? NO answer.

K

Kizzy

Hey I have a friend that sleeps with the cable guy. I'll be ok now. :getdown:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by krankykrab
YES!!! Their service is horrible, stations are all fuzzy, and yes I have tried to call many, many, many times when I have a problem and gues what?? NO answer.

I don't believe you.

S

Shutterbug

Originally posted by krankykrab

I agree with you krankykrab. My service is terrible. Weren't they supposed to have everyone upgraded to the new channels by LAST August?? They just now got to my neighborhood this week to start work on it.

However, my bill went up last year and I have been paying for the new service ever since. I can't get anyone to answer my calls either...

:bawl:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by kayellesee
I can't get anyone to answer my calls either...

:wah:

Want me to call them for you?

Apparently I'm the only customer they answer the phone for, and not only that they always seem to help me with my problems.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by kayellesee
I agree with you krankykrab. My service is terrible. Weren't they supposed to have everyone upgraded to the new channels by LAST August?? They just now got to my neighborhood this week to start work on it.

However, my bill went up last year and I have been paying for the new service ever since. I can't get anyone to answer my calls either...

NO the upgrade was NOT supposed to be done last august:rolleyes:

The upgrade has actually been bumped up it was supposed to be done over a 3 year period starting last August. Now I believe it is going to be done in less than a year.

It dosen't matter who owns the company. You all would still complain about your lousy service. None of them are any better than the other AND all of them would have still had to rebuild this extremely delapatated system. Blame all the problems on Western Shore Cable.

duzzey

I just went by their office to pick up a new cable box. I was shocked at the presentation of their office. It looked like an extremely low budgeted shop with only two workers handling the front desk. I saw other customers bills, checks and money orders laying out in plain view of the service window. I saw one lady's check that she had written out almost three days ago at the window. Of course it had the lady's address, ss#, dob. and bank account number. Someone could have grabbed it. I saw what looked like a customer service department with all but three people in it. So I know why they don't answer the phone! They have only a few people and no adequate customer service phone bank to deal with customers. Seeing this explains such crappy video and internet! No wonder they don't know what the hell they are doing!

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by duzzey
Seeing this explains such crappy video and internet! No wonder they don't know what the hell they are doing!

Yeah. That's the explanation. Working in a small office makes you stupid.

And deaf.

krankykrab

Who thinks Toxick works at GMP?
:howdy:

Have your cable go down and go to the phone and dial 301-373-3201, and you WILL NOT, get an answer!

duzzey

Originally posted by Toxick
Yeah. That's the explanation. Working in a small office makes you stupid.

And deaf.

No I'm not saying that at all. I was simply stating that obviously there hasn't been a lot of money poured into this company to accomodate a community of this size. What we have is a minimally staffed office, lack-luster customer sevice, and either inexperienced technicians or faulty equipment.