GMP...can I say anything more?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by duzzey
To quote danzigs post:

"The rule does not apply to common areas, such as the roof or the exterior walls of an apartment building. Generally, balconies or patios that are shared with other people or are accessible from other units are not considered to be exclusive use areas."

I do not have a balcony, and the only other way to get the signal is to attach it to the side of the building (which the landlord says no) or in my non-existent exclusive use area.
FYI: To quote someones post, just hit the little quote link in the lower right hand corner of the post you want to quote...

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Saw a full page ad in the Enterprise last week about "Comcast of St. Mary's & Charles County" having a channel realignment on June 26. Could that mean that GMP is finally being acquired by Comcast? (Or is it referring to the Northern part of the county being serviced by Comcast?)

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Oz
Saw a full page ad in the Enterprise last week about "Comcast of St. Mary's & Charles County" having a channel realignment on June 26. Could that mean that GMP is finally being acquired by Comcast? (Or is it referring to the Northern part of the county being serviced by Comcast?)
Nope not Comcast. Now somebody else :whistle:

Warron

Originally posted by CMC122
Nope not Comcast. Now somebody else :whistle:

Thats too bad, comcast has some super fast cable internet service. Instead of this 500k cap crap offered by gmp.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by kwillia
Any of you GMP customers already survive the upgrade... do you notice any improvements...:confused:

What was the improvement supposed to be? I have more channels now but still nothing worth watching:shrug:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by tys_mommy
What was the improvement supposed to be? I have more channels now but still nothing worth watching:shrug:
Maybe to fix the sh!tbag reception? :confused:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by mainman
Maybe to fix the sh!tbag reception? :confused:

I've always had decent reception on the normal channels (the ones we obtain that we are not billed for are sometimes a little fuzzy but I don't think I can legitimately complain about them):shrug:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Warron
Thats too bad, comcast has some super fast cable internet service. Instead of this 500k cap crap offered by gmp.
Just because someone is possibly taking them over dosen't mean your gonna get anything better. The system is very old and the rebuild will make a difference for most when it's all done. But putting a new name on it isn't gonna boost your return.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by kwillia
:yeahthat: I wanna hear from the ones who had sh!tbag reception and now have the fiber optic upgrade... I hope it helps....:bawl:
I've been thru the upgrade. The digital channels are great. Awesome pictures. The local channels are still messed up but I believe that is project that's being worked on. Those channels are fed from Chesapeake Beach so they loose strength and get messed up.

Last edited:

Aimhigh2000

Cable

I am glad I live in the north end and have Comcast. My cable internet is superfast and I get a ton of channels. Like I said in another post, we have (not all, but the majority did) voted in country bumpkins with no business sense at all into the parts of Commissioners. At least in St. Mary's back in the day, that was fine, but now with all the "outsiders" who have higher expectations, we really need to look ahead to the next election.

Spoiled

GMP is aweful, i tell them they have a problem and its on their side (cable modem related) and they still tell me its on my side... someone comes out to my house i show them and they mess around for about 20 minutes and guess what, oh yes i am right... its THEIR problem

K

Kizzy

Re: Cable

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
I am glad I live in the north end and have Comcast. My cable internet is superfast and I get a ton of channels. Like I said in another post, we have (not all, but the majority did) voted in country bumpkins with no business sense at all into the parts of Commissioners. At least in St. Mary's back in the day, that was fine, but now with all the "outsiders" who have higher expectations, we really need to look ahead to the next election.

What do you mean northern end? So, if I'm say in Mechanicsville, will I have a choice? I currently have comcast in Charles County, but I'll be in the 235/5 area, St. Mary's County. Is that north enough?

:confused:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Cable

Originally posted by IM4Change
What do you mean northern end? So, if I'm say in Mechanicsville, will I have a choice? I currently have comcast in Charles County, but I'll be in the 235/5 area, St. Mary's County. Is that north enough?

:confused:

Go the Direct TV way.:yay:

Spoiled

Originally posted by Danzig
Bottom line...........

It's YOUR problem, You have GMP.
yea rumor has it verizon is going to be all over the county with their DSL within a few months... Verizon DSL + DirctTV = WIN

Broke90GSX

I went to Best Buy last week & on a whim I decided to check out their internet providers for high-speed. I put in my info, including credit card, address & phone #. The computer let me print out a confirmation # w/ everything else to get setup for Comcast High-speed & cable TV. My excitement was ready to burst, the instant I got home & hooked up my new modem & called Comcast. That's where my fantasy turned into reality. Those lying sacks still aren't in the area. They wouldn't take my confirmation #, nor do anything except say "Sorry, computer must have messed up". Their website also allows me to sign up & apply to have it installed. Something has to be done, I'm paying over 50$ a month for crappy high-speed internet that only works when it's sunny, cloudless & I stand on my head while rubbing my stomach.

Rob
:boo:

Aimhigh2000

North End

I am not sure where exactly comcast ends, but I live Near Golden Beach and I have comcast. I had it when I lived in DC and was glad to know that I would have them again. As for DSL, even if they bring it in, you need to be located within a certain distance of a "main office". DSL speed depends on how close you are to that point. The farther away you are, the slower your speeds, so make sure if DSL does come, you know how far you are.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Spoiled
GMP is aweful, i tell them they have a problem and its on their side (cable modem related) and they still tell me its on my side... someone comes out to my house i show them and they mess around for about 20 minutes and guess what, oh yes i am right... its THEIR problem
:lol: EVERY cable company does that:lol: