Go big or go home

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NM Governor says, "You other Govs think you got your peeps under control? Hold mah beer...."

A dozen grocery stores around the state have been forced to close for two weeks because of a public health order issued by Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham at a time when the state’s residents are suffering from record high unemployment and food insecurity, critics say.

The order requires businesses with four or more rapid responses of COVID-19 cases reported within in a 14-day period to close for two weeks.

More than 25 essential businesses were shut down as of Monday afternoon, including a number of grocery stores and major retailers.

The closures include two Walmarts in Albuquerque and one in Santa Fe, an Albertson’s in Roswell, a Smiths Food & Drug Center in Albuquerque and New Mexico Food Distribution Center in Albuquerque.

But wait! There's more!

Access to purchase food is now limited because of another order issued by the governor requiring capacity limitations at all stores. New Mexicans are now waiting outside, standing in line for up to two hours, local news reports indicate, which the governor’s office has disputed.

The governor’s office said, “The state is not forcing anyone to stand in a crowded line, as you suggest,” in response to requests for comment from KOB4 News TV.

But John Block at PInon Post says the governor’s office claims are “untrue and easily disprovable.” He posted photos of New Mexicans waiting in long lines outside of grocery stores with dates and time stamps. The photos were taken between Nov. 13 and Nov. 23.

“Upon the news that limits of 75 people inside each store, retailers pre-emptively began limiting capacities to begin compliance with the mandate,” Block said.

I picture Larry Hogan scratching his chins and going, "Hmmmmm...."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Marxists love it when people have to stand in line for basic necessities.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I beat the rush and stocked up on TP, paper towels and actually found 2 large containers of the Lysol Wipes, so I won't run out for while. I don't feel guilty one iota, either. :bann:

All these government "leaders" can kiss it and go get bent. My employer is considered an essential business and I've already let them know I will happily come to work every single day if Lockdown Larry tries to impose those ridiculous mandates again. The hassle of filing for unemployment was EXCRUCIATING and mind numbing. I didn't NEED the money - I had my own money to depend on, thank God, but the freaking act of recouping my own money through that website was enough to keep me from wanting to do it again. NO THANKS.

TPD

the poor dad
It amazes me that we are continuing to put up with this crap. I sat outside of a mom n pop business yesterday for about an hour just watching people - 100% compliance with masks as people went inside. Except for me. But yet cases soaring. UFB

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Like @vraiblonde is fond of pointing out, "You get the government you vote for." How about "You DESERVE the government you vote for."? If these overreaching DEM governors aren't tossed out on their asses, recalled or even forcibly removed from office ( I read somewhere about 'necessary to the security of a free state') then these morons deserve to wait 2 hours in line for food and medicines.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

PsyOps

Pixelated
I beat the rush and stocked up on TP, paper towels and actually found 2 large containers of the Lysol Wipes, so I won't run out for while. I don't feel guilty one iota, either. :bann:

I've been stocking as I go as well. I didn't buy a bunch at a time. Just one pack of TP and one pack of PT each week. We knew this was coming. I wasn't going to be left high and dirty again.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Like @vraiblonde is fond of pointing out, "You get the government you vote for." How about "You DESERVE the government you vote for."? If these overreaching DEM governors aren't tossed out on their asses, recalled or even forcibly removed from office ( I read somewhere about 'necessary to the security of a free state') then these morons deserve to wait 2 hours in line for food and medicines.

Hell no! They deserve a pay raise, like Cuomo, for acting in such a heroic manner. We should get on our knees and kiss their feet, thanking them for saving our pathetic lives. We need to recognize that we're not smart enough to survive without them.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
It amazes me that we are continuing to put up with this crap. I sat outside of a mom n pop business yesterday for about an hour just watching people - 100% compliance with masks as people went inside. Except for me. But yet cases soaring. UFB
TPD, I believe most people are wearing them to keep the business owner out of hot water.

I have a friend who refuses to wear them in a large establishment, ie Wal-Mart. She just waltzes right in, no one says a word.

But when she goes into a mom-&-pop, she pulls it up. She doesn't want the little guy to get in trouble.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hell no! They deserve a pay raise, like Cuomo, for acting in such a heroic manner. We should get on our knees and kiss their feet, thanking them for saving our pathetic lives. We need to recognize that we're not smart enough to survive without them.

Yep.

"Thank you, Lord and Master, for keeping me safe. DAMN you murderous sociopaths who won't wear your masks!"

TPD

the poor dad
TPD, I believe most people are wearing them to keep the business owner out of hot water.

I have a friend who refuses to wear them in a large establishment, ie Wal-Mart. She just waltzes right in, no one says a word.

But when she goes into a mom-&-pop, she pulls it up. She doesn't want the little guy to get in trouble.

I have said this before and will repeat again - according to Hogan's executive order, the business can NOT get in trouble for the customer NOT wearing a mask. A retail business only has to do 4 things in relation to customers - distance signs, sanitizer, hand washing, mask signs.

I encourage all business owners to read the order, print it out, and know your rights so if the gestapo ever comes in, you are educated!

ginwoman

When I go to the grocery store, which isn't very often, the people shopping remind me of the movie The Stepford Wives the way everybody just looks down and pushes forward.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Something that's been in the back of my head ... growing up, we were always told to wash our hands with soap and hot water, whether just washing or for a cut or something. As time went on, it changed to warm water. Now, it's just wash your hands.

Not that washing in cold water really makes a difference, just something I remember.