Go Jill...

"At any rate, fearing retribution from my captors, I did not speak freely. Out of fear I said I wasn't threatened. In fact, I was threatened many times," she said. "Also, at least two false statements about me have been widely aired: That I refused to travel and cooperate with the U.S. military and that I refused to discuss my captivity with U.S. officials. Again, neither is true."

I'm glad she is speaking up...:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good. I always like it when my suspicious nature is unfounded. :yay:

But I'm still curious why they just up and decided to release her.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Notice that lack of...

vraiblonde said:
Good. I always like it when my suspicious nature is unfounded. :yay:

But I'm still curious why they just up and decided to release her.

..beheadings of late?

This is now a political battle and murdering a defenseless female at this point has been deemed a bad move, for now.

Manipulating US public opinion towards withdrawl is the game.

SamSpade

This morning on WMAL, Andy Parks said that he pretty much knew there was something with her original statement - but he still thinks there's more crap she's not saying.

I mean, she's sliightly sympathetic to their cause - she wasn't harmed - and she was freed without any explanation. It's just weird.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why is it weird?

SamSpade said:
This morning on WMAL, Andy Parks said that he pretty much knew there was something with her original statement - but he still thinks there's more crap she's not saying.

I mean, she's sliightly sympathetic to their cause - she wasn't harmed - and she was freed without any explanation. It's just weird.

...what do you think is going on?

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:
...what do you think is going on?
Don't know. First, I'm just echoing Andy's comments - and second, nothing seems to completely make sense. I mean, they just told her they were leaving - no explanation? They demanded the freeing of all female prisoners - and then just left? Her fear regarding them getting her within the Green Zone just seemed lame.

I also find it hard to believe it was done in collusion - an Iraqi interpreter was actually killed in her capture.

So I don't know. It just seems weird. Maybe the captors just got scared?