goat bleating question

D

dems4me

I have a goat question now -- I have a female goat that is about 5 years old and bleats all the time really, really loudly and the neighbors are starting to complain and I'm not zoned for goats. Is there anything I can do to (well... shut her up)??? What's wrong with her? I'm almost at the point where I'd be willing to sell her for meet (she's 300+lbs) nubian and pygmy mix. Any suggestions? I've even considered trying to put a muzzle on her... unfortunately the only way I can quite her is to keep running out and throwing bread at her, but she apparently makes noise when I'm at work and can't help her. She's not hungry towards the end of the loaf and continues to keep bleating. Someone mentioned that she may be in season -- but if thats the case then she has been in season for the past 3 years every day or something???? Any suggestions??? Anyone want a pet goat???

D

dems4me

Originally posted by appyday
does she have any friends :shrug: like another goat or llama or horse...goats like friends...she is bored or lonley

does she have horns? not that it pertains to the bleeting..but was wondering
:confused:

Yes, she has horns as her sister does and there's even a younger goat that I introduced in October. I just don't know what to do -- its irratating as heck!!! Do llama's make noise?

D

dems4me

ONLY if they see goats:bubble:

Any other suggestions??? Any takers??? She has even been on tv a few years ago. I was asked by Channel 9 to do be in a weather promo for topper shut (long story) anyways the commercial kept airing and people for some reason thought they were black dogs that I had next to me... :lol: I love the two girls and would hate to split them up but I just don't know what else to do... btw, ever since I started this thread not a peep out of her... :lol: Is their voice box surgury or something vets do for this? Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into when I got the goats but I never seen one sooo darned vocal... I don't mind the bleats -- its just when its all day long that I can't take it.

spinner

Both Nubian and pygmy are loud most of the time- I breed nubians and my neighbors can tell you that! If you want a quiet goat look for a Saanen or a La Mancha. It probably isn't being loud for any other reason than it can

D

dems4me

Originally posted by spinner
Both Nubian and pygmy are loud most of the time- I breed nubians and my neighbors can tell you that! If you want a quiet goat look for a Saanen or a La Mancha. It probably isn't being loud for any other reason than it can

Well if you want a nice big nanny goat let me know (she's black with brown eyelids) She never used to be this noisey and her sister is not as noisey. I understand they make noise -- but Dayummm not this much! I just don't know what to do with her at this point other than to put her down or sell her for meat. I'd hate to do either but something has to be done! :frown:

spinner

goats go into heat every 21 days usually from Aug-Jan. Pygmys howevery will go in all year long. you can get her bred and see if that quiets her down some...

D

dems4me

Originally posted by spinner
goats go into heat every 21 days usually from Aug-Jan. Pygmys howevery will go in all year long. you can get her bred and see if that quiets her down some...

That would be lovely!!! do you have a male I can breed her with please????:cheesy:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Pete
MM or JH would probably do it for you.

:killingme

I'll have to let MM take care of this one, I don't need anything following me around saying, "daaaaaadddyyyy". :twitch:

J

justhangn

I'd take her but I do not do "horney" goats...not good with with horses

So, you'll take her after MM is done with her? :shrug: :lmao:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Well, since I grew up in the country I'll tell you a trick I learned from my first "girlfriend." You jump off the stool, run around front and stick a sock in their mouth, then they won't make any noise.:biggrin:

D

dems4me

I'd take her but I do not do "horney" goats...not good with with horses

umm do you mean horney as in the horns on the head or the libido horney because she'd mate with a horse??:confused:

K

Kain99

Dems are you serious about getting rid of the offending goat? I might know someone who wants it.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by dems4me
I should have known all along they weren't saying bleeeaaat, they were really saying peeeete

Thanks in advance Pete! See ya' soon, Goatie Goat is ready for ya' and is calling out your name in anticipation - see ya' soon.

:roflmao:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by justhangn
I'll have to let MM take care of this one, I don't need anything following me around saying, "daaaaaadddyyyy". :twitch:
I think I am going to have to pass on this one as well...

J

justhangn

Originally posted by mainman
I think I am going to have to pass on this one as well...

Eh, no worries, it looks like Dems has a fix and Pete gets to get some in the process. :yay:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Kain99
Dems are you serious about getting rid of the offending goat? I might know someone who wants it.

Yes I'm about 85% serious. Will this be as a pet? Is there other goats that it will be around? She has horns but is gentle and I've never had any problems with her horning anything. I have a dehorned goat in there with her too and there's been no problems. She is not at all aggressive. She is friendly, she'll let you pet her and hand feed her -- she'll coming running up to you just the same as a dog would. :smile:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
In return, I promised him I'd print out a big picture of jackie and stick it on the back of the goats head behind the horns. I should have known all along they weren't saying bleeeaaat, they were really saying peeeete
:killingme

J

justhangn

Yup Peeeete has graciously stepped up to the plate and said something like -- well at least this buddy brick can be used for something --:smile:

You better duct tape that picture to the back of the goats head.......Pete may be fairly backed up. :jet:

K

Kain99

Yes I'm about 85% serious. Will this be as a pet? Is there other goats that it will be around? She has horns but is gentle and I've never had any problems with her horning anything. I have a dehorned goat in there with her too and there's been no problems. She is not at all aggressive. She is friendly, she'll let you pet her and hand feed her -- she'll coming running up to you just the same as a dog would. :smile:
Two people in mind... One a goat farmer in the 7th. Eventually The noise maker may be meat. The other is my Mother in law. She has a penchant for farm animals who need a loving home. Plenty of goats for fun with the first option... No goats at the MIL's currently but she does have plenty of horses. :biggrin: