Goats

ServiceGuy

BS Gal said:
I am going to need Xanax again. :lmao: Every morning I have to listen to the stories about her kids fighting, the ex-hubby, the boyfriend's ex-hubby, etc. The only fun I'll get is posting about it. I'll be suffering big time. I just don't want the animals to miss shots or something.

:confused:

Goatlady

Goats!

Hi Yappy Broad,

I have been breeding and raising goats for 14 years and I do not give rabies shots.
I do give tetnus and CDT combined shots
Alot of vets don't really do all thats needed for goats ie: dehorning etc Southern Maryland Equine handles it all.
I suggest if they are not dehorned to do so as they reck your fences and are much easier to handle without them.

They are very easy to take care of you can give them Beef and heifer feed amish sell cheap or southern states has sweet or pellet feed a cup a piece 2 x a day is enough.
Male goats when castrated can get blocked easily I cut back on the feed and do more hay for the boys.
Salt blocks are great and baking soda helps them digest or for illness so keep a box on hand and give them some now and again.
SUGGESTION get book on raising Goats on line at National Pygmy goat association or any other goat association their a quick read.

Dogs are sometimes a problem especially strays as they are easy prey even with horns. They hate rain give them shelter and they love to jump up on wheels or kids outdoor play equiptment. In all my years of breeding goats can't live by grass alone and leaves though they like them have no nutrital value.

DON'T CHAIN THEM! They aren't smart enough I lost my favorite when he stood up on the sawdust bin to reach a branch and hung himself a day I wont forget. Gotta have water and lots of shade in the summer to avoid heat stroke. If they get heat stroke put them in luke warm water and bath em. MOst are great with kids, dogs, cats and horses I love mine to death.

Have your friend email me if I can help in anyway.

Goatlady