Goin' back to Cali?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
The only earthquake the scared me was the Loma Prieta in 1989. The rest of them never bothered me and were actually kinda fun! :biggrin:
Our radar operations room was on the 3rd floor (of 4) in a 120' concrete tower and I remember once watching an ashtray start sliding across a table and then the whole tower started shaking. It was a night shift and I was there all by my self, ran down stairs and waited for it to stop. In the morning when I was relieved it was noticed that the tower had a crack running over two-thirds of the way down.

We were just a few miles south of where the Garcia River goes back to the ocean and I was told that the river bed was pretty much the northern extremes of the San Andreas fault.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
Our radar operations room was on the 3rd floor (of 4) in a 120' concrete tower and I remember once watching an ashtray start sliding across a table and then the whole tower started shaking. It was a night shift and I was there all by my self, ran down stairs and waited for it to stop. In the morning when I was relieved it was noticed that the tower had a crack running over two-thirds of the way down.

We were just a few miles south of where the Garcia River goes back to the ocean and I was told that the river bed was pretty much the northern extremes of the San Andreas fault.
Scary. Glad you are okay. :huggy:

I was in the parking garage under my three story office building. Not a fun place to be when you imagine the building collapsing on you.

:yikes: