Going fishing Friday?

Caution

We are looking at going out first thing in the morning out of PLO. Will likely be putting in just at sunrise. Probably head out to the mouth of the river and look for some bird action then make a decision on where and how we are going to fish from there.

Talked to Brady Bounds at the Tackle Box the other day. Gave me some good jigging insight and I hope to put some of those tips into play. I don't have much experience jigging. We mostly troll when the Rocks are in.

Right now winds are forecasted to be out of the NW at 9 kts or so, so that's not too bad. If the waves are light we might try shooting over to the target ship and see what's happening there.

Day on the water with friends and a cooler full of Stuffed Ham Sammiches. Mmmmmm Boy. :yahoo:

Caution

Whew! It's right common out here on the bay.

Attachments

• image-2826056127.jpg
    image-2826056127.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 101

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Whew! It's right common out here on the bay.

The weatherman is your friend.
We were planning on going this morning, it was beautiful, but NOAA said it was going to pick up to 15kts with gusts to 20, so we wimped out fortunately.

Caution

The weatherman is your friend.
We were planning on going this morning, it was beautiful, but NOAA said it was going to pick up to 15kts with gusts to 20, so we wimped out fortunately.

Be glad you did. It was pretty rough on the bay. We thought we could get back into the mouth of the Potomac and find some smoother water but got fooled. It might have been a little smoother but was not worth fighting.

This fish gods just did not like our sacrifices today. We thought we had one bite early on but it got off so far the guy was not even sure if it was even on there.

Saw birds working periodically but were in small numbers and so far away by the time we got to them at trolling speed they were history.

Put in at PLO before sunrise. Trolled around inside and outside the mouth of the Potomac and even made a few runs out to deeper water in the bay. Saw fish on the finder but not really in any significant numbers at all. Hit and miss all morning. From listening to the radio I did not get the impression anyone was really seeing any large numbers of fish.

We did not see much on the screen until we had already packed the gear up and was heading back into PLO "THEN" the bottom started filling in with fish. But by that time the wind and waves had beaten the crap out of us and I think everyone on the boat was ready to go back in. I was the only one with a full rainsuit on and with the waves breaking over the bow and spraying all over everyone I think my fishing mates were just miserable.

Oh well. Can only get better. :yay: