Golden Beach Car Break-In's

I am trying to figure out who broke into our cars. Why don't you move on to another thread where someone else actually gives two ####s about your opinion?

You never will. That's now a task for the local police.

Take a lesson from this and don't create a situation for a crime of opportunity.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Are you contributing anything useful to this thread or are you just one of those losers that sits behind their computer at home and gets off on arguing with people on the internet?

I am trying to figure out who broke into our cars. Why don't you move on to another thread where someone else actually gives two ####s about your opinion?

Who said anyone left their purse in their car overnight, jackass? The laptop shouldn't have been left in the car overnight but when their are distractions, crap happens. Either way, we didn't deserve to have personal property stolen from our vehicles in the middle of the night in our own driveway.

You were saying?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Are you contributing anything useful to this thread or are you just one of those losers that sits behind their computer at home and gets off on arguing with people on the internet?

I asked a general question addressed to no one. You decided to jump in and respond with name calling. How's that working out for ya? :coffee:

Let us know when you get it figured out k?

jetmonkey

HARTMAN stops in front of PYLE and notices his footlocker is unlocked. He picks up the lock and holds it up to PYLE.

HARTMAN
Jesus H. Christ! Private Pyle, why is your footlocker unlocked?

PYLE
Sir, I don't know, sir!

HARTMAN
Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that, don't you?

PYLE
Sir, yes, sir!

HARTMAN
If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?

PYLE
Sir, no, sir!

drivingdaisy

My husband and I have taken to leaving nothing important in our cars and leaving them unlocked. Last summer right before our wedding someone broke into his car and all they ended up taking was a box of shotgun shells. Thankfully they were not interested in the hundreds of dollars worth of groomsmen suits in the car, but the window they broke did take a couple hundred to replace. Part of the problem is that the husband has tinted windows so sometimes people break into the car only to realize there is nothing they want to steal. If someone wants to steal my dog blanket, hand sanitizer, or some 90's rock and country cd's, they can have them.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
HARTMAN stops in front of PYLE and notices his footlocker is unlocked. He picks up the lock and holds it up to PYLE.

HARTMAN
Jesus H. Christ! Private Pyle, why is your footlocker unlocked?

PYLE
Sir, I don't know, sir!

HARTMAN
Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that, don't you?

PYLE
Sir, yes, sir!

HARTMAN
If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?

PYLE
Sir, no, sir!

Gawd I love that movie!!! :yay:

sm8

My cousin had her wallet stolen a couple nights ago and they threw it out in front of a house with cameras, She was lucky to get it back and still have her license and insurance cards.

I go with the do not leave anything valuable, for me all they would get is diapers wipes and childrens music cds. Now it would suck if they stole the carseats but I do not think they would rank very high on their list of priorities.

MarieB

I realize that, the change part was just one of the instances I had heard. The guy I work with his neighbor's electrician van was broken into and all they took was change, they didn't bother to take the tools or anything. Just the change out of the ashtray. They also stole the purse out of his wifes car, after this happening I am not leaving anything in my truck, not even change. This also was in Summit Hills, on Suite Landing Road, so the guy I work with says

Tools aren't as easy to sell

and they obviously aren't going to use them to earn the money they desire

drivingdaisy

Depends on the type I guess. When my husband worked for a landscaping company they had their tools (blowers, chain saws, etc) stolen a few times. This was even in a locked fenced in area, the tools were locked in serious trailers, and they had at least 6 cameras on the outside. Even with the video the police never caught the people any of the times.

(Of course they were in a terrible area... the rent by the hour motel was across the street.)

CraneTaker77

They are if you take them to a pawn shop, especially sawsall's, drills, and other power tools. Also an electrician van would have had copper wire on it as well...

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
You never will. That's now a task for the local police.

Take a lesson from this and don't create a situation for a crime of opportunity.

Yeah about that, they did such a wonderful job of finding whoever broke into my truck :sarcasm:. $3500 in damage the truck.

Last edited:

protectmd

For the guy who is complaining about the property left in vehicles. The reality is, people shouldn't have to expect to be victims in this country. It is smarter to lock it, after all locks keep the honest people honest. However, it seems in this case it doesn't matter if the vehicles are locked or left unlocked. It seems the community is on the downslope for a number of reasons.

1. Loitering. Unsupervised teenagers obstructing the free flow of traffic in the roadway in some cases poorly lit areas. Blocking the street is a violation of law. Someone needs to be on the phone with police when this occurs to ensure its dealt with. Clearly, these unruly youth think they own the street. Its time to show them that the citizens wont be intimidated. The neighborhood watch used to have a strong presence in that community. Citizens would call immediately if someone was trespassing on the public beach after hours. Now? It seems like nobody cares. Enforcing these lower level crimes will start creating leads in solving the bigger picture.

2. Thefts and vehicle break ins have reached epidemic levels. The damage/thefts are also reaching felony status. Are the police taking fingerprints and photographs? Are they having meetings with the community? Or is it the same old song, write a few speeding tickets and roll out of the area?

3. It seems that kids are doing this. Crackheads would take tools to pawn and copper. Kids steal change so they can get another pack of smokes or save up to get their next high/buzz. Have a talk with the kids parents. Explain to them the whole community is watching and its time to rein in their wild youth before their kid ends up in jail or dead.

4. If your the victim of a crime, start the neighborhood watch yourself. Put a orange light on the top of your car (yes its legal) and roll around. Sometimes a presence is enough to make the theives/vandals stop. Get the entire community involved. Take pictures of these people who loiter. Film them when they become disorderly and start doing criminal acts. Sometimes, if they know they are being filmed, its enough to make it stop. There is no expectation to privacy on a public street. Film and photos of the delinquents will greatly aid the police in their investigation. Write down tag numbers and take notes. This will discourage anyone from doing more stupid stuff in the future.

Goodluck in your effort to take back the neighborhood.

inkah

Popo too busy pulling couches out of the road and arresting LMT and can't be bothered dealing with these petty crimes.

MarieB

They are if you take them to a pawn shop, especially sawsall's, drills, and other power tools. Also an electrician van would have had copper wire on it as well...

Kids normally won't go to the trouble to pawn tools, etc. It sounds like "kids" are doing the thieving.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
For the guy who is complaining about the property left in vehicles. The reality is, people shouldn't have to expect to be victims in this country. It is smarter to lock it, after all locks keep the honest people honest. However, it seems in this case it doesn't matter if the vehicles are locked or left unlocked. It seems the community is on the downslope for a number of reasons.

1. Loitering. Unsupervised teenagers obstructing the free flow of traffic in the roadway in some cases poorly lit areas. Blocking the street is a violation of law. Someone needs to be on the phone with police when this occurs to ensure its dealt with. Clearly, these unruly youth think they own the street. Its time to show them that the citizens wont be intimidated. The neighborhood watch used to have a strong presence in that community. Citizens would call immediately if someone was trespassing on the public beach after hours. Now? It seems like nobody cares. Enforcing these lower level crimes will start creating leads in solving the bigger picture.

2. Thefts and vehicle break ins have reached epidemic levels. The damage/thefts are also reaching felony status. Are the police taking fingerprints and photographs? Are they having meetings with the community? Or is it the same old song, write a few speeding tickets and roll out of the area?

3. It seems that kids are doing this. Crackheads would take tools to pawn and copper. Kids steal change so they can get another pack of smokes or save up to get their next high/buzz. Have a talk with the kids parents. Explain to them the whole community is watching and its time to rein in their wild youth before their kid ends up in jail or dead.

4. If your the victim of a crime, start the neighborhood watch yourself. Put a orange light on the top of your car (yes its legal) and roll around. Sometimes a presence is enough to make the theives/vandals stop. Get the entire community involved. Take pictures of these people who loiter. Film them when they become disorderly and start doing criminal acts. Sometimes, if they know they are being filmed, its enough to make it stop. There is no expectation to privacy on a public street. Film and photos of the delinquents will greatly aid the police in their investigation. Write down tag numbers and take notes. This will discourage anyone from doing more stupid stuff in the future.

Goodluck in your effort to take back the neighborhood.
I saw no complaints, however, I will respond since my post stirred up dickiesgirl.

The reality is, unfortunately we do not live in the land of unicorns and rainbows, therefore leaving anything of value in a car overnight is not a wise thing to do (especially in GB with a history of issues).

Who expects to be a victim? I sure don't. You see, there is this little known and even lesser used thing called "common sense" and if people used it more often, they would be victims less often.

E

EmptyTimCup

sounds like PG County

which reminds me, it has been about 18 months, should be about time to have the cars tossed again