Gone a Cruisen

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Got back last Saturday from my first ever cruise with Carnival into the Eastern Carribean and with full disclosure not once did I think about my life in southern MD or felt any need to vent about love, politics or religion. A true vacation.
:yahoo:

High EGT

missthang said:
How was the cruise? :coffee:

Now having done it I would recommend it to anyone to try at least once in your life. Aside from the food and drinks, there is constant entertainment opportunities as well as the port of call excursions. Word of caution is not to get to drunk while on shore excursions or you may miss the ship leaving as what happened to two guest. :jameo:

lovinmaryland

High EGT said:
Got back last Saturday from my first ever cruise with Carnival into the Eastern Carribean and with full disclosure not once did I think about my life in southern MD or felt any need to vent about love, politics or religion. A true vacation.
Glad you had a good time :huggy: . A cruise is my favorite vacation EVER. I have been on 5 now and they really are the best.

High EGT

Rug Rats

lovinmaryland said:
Glad you had a good time :huggy: . A cruise is my favorite vacation EVER. I have been on 5 now and they really are the best.

What made it a real vacation is we were able to leave the kids at home. Although we witnessed alot of "happy" families on board we were of the opinion the parents spent significant time dealing with the very thing me and the wife wanted to escape from. :starcat:
By chance have you done a cruise with kids?

suzeQ

Occasional User
Cruising with kids

We took ours when they were teens, but not old enough to drink. They all had a wonderful time and it's their favorite choice for a vacation. They all got to know their way around the ship better than the adults. The waiters/room stewards really catered to them and they got to experience new things. How many young folks have escargot and lobster tail for dinner? The waiter even encouraged them to get second helpings on their meals, and to try everything that was offered. They only discovered the (free) room service on the last night, but took advantage of that, too.

I wouldn't want to take little ones, but if you can leave them on their own, it's a great vacation.

LordStanley

I know nothing
We did a Disney Cruise with our son last year.... Best time All 3 of us had together ever!!! Cant Say enough about Disney Cruise Lines

lushlips44

If the shoe fits....
I think the Disney Cruise is best for all ages. There was so much to do and if you have a little one you can take them to the kids clubhouse and drop them off. After we did that once, that is all he wanted to do. It was fun for us and fun for him.

High EGT

LordStanley said:
We did a Disney Cruise with our son last year.... Best time All 3 of us had together ever!!! Cant Say enough about Disney Cruise Lines

Although Carnival tried their best I would have to agree if your gunna take the kids, Disney would be my first choice.

High EGT

In the Bahamas we did a Party Boat excursion called the Yellowbird. All the rum punch you can drink with none of the guilt. However, the video we did of ouselves is forever under lock and key unless we both end up in divorce court and in which case I have the key.
:larry:

Thor

High EGT said:

What ship were you on?

I have done a couple of cruises but not since I was married so my wife has never been and is kinda leary about going.

The last cruises I was on the ships were on the small side. I want to book a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, that thing is friggin HUGE.

High EGT

Thor said:
What ship were you on?

I have done a couple of cruises but not since I was married so my wife has never been and is kinda leary about going.

The last cruises I was on the ships were on the small side. I want to book a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, that thing is friggin HUGE.

The ship was the Glory and stopped in Nassua, St Thomas, and St Maarten. In Nassua we boarded a party boat called Yellowbird that stopped for a few hours on a semi private beach. Got burnt but didn't care since the boat provided unlimited Rum punch drinks. Needless to say we got everybodies attention on shore when we returned to the dock.
:cartwheel :larry: :buddies: :otter: :blahblah: :smoochy: :barf:

Old Timer

High EGT said:
In the Bahamas we did a Party Boat excursion called the Yellowbird. All the rum punch you can drink with none of the guilt. However, the video we did of ouselves is forever under lock and key unless we both end up in divorce court and in which case I have the key.

I thought I was the only one with one of those kind of DVDs. We did a rum punch cruise in Jamaica and ordered the DVD - it wasn't delivered to the resort until after we left. On our way to the airport our bus driver said that there was someone behind us waving a DVD in the air - it was our (now hidden) DVD being delivered. I will never dollar dance again....

pingrr

High EGT said:

I have to agrea a cruise is a great vacation. I go on one every year.

How was the yellow bird boat trip? I have that excursion picked for my trip to Nassau at the end of next month.

pingrr

Pete said:
Is a cruise worth it if you are single?

yea it is a lot of fun if you are single. I wouldn't recomend going by yourself but if you can talk a friend into going you will have a great time.

High EGT

Pete said:
Is a cruise worth it if you are single?

Saw alot of single 20 something young duds that sort of forced me to keep my shirt on on some occations out of respect for my wife. But the ratio with single women (again 20 something) compaired to guys appeared low so needless to say this class of women bought very few, if any drinks for themselves. But I guess if age and weight arn't a priority you could definitly find some companions to hang with. Right to the point I'd book a cruise that catered to singles instead of a general booking cruise.

High EGT

Old Timer said:
I thought I was the only one with one of those kind of DVDs. We did a rum punch cruise in Jamaica and ordered the DVD - it wasn't delivered to the resort until after we left. On our way to the airport our bus driver said that there was someone behind us waving a DVD in the air - it was our (now hidden) DVD being delivered. I will never dollar dance again....

Damn! I wondered why I had more change in my pocket once we got back to the dock. 8 more years to retire and after that I may have to consider a full time gig if the money's that good.