Gonna Be Exciting, V2!!!!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
(hope you all saw what I did there :) )

Anyway.

In todays episode of "I'll effin do it again", we have the reason SpaceX wasnt upset with SN8 going out in a blaze of glory. This is SN9 (just found out, to my surprise that it's not "Serial Number 9", but rather Starship Number 9) rolling out to the launch pad already assembled with engines and nosecone with flaps. Thats 165 feet and 120 tons all balanced on that roll-lift. Best guess is that this sucker flies before the third week in January. Will be the same profile as before, with a much higher chance of staying in one piece after landing. Call it 50/50.

Clem72

Look, if you can think of a quicker way to scrap an obsolete test asset let me know.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That thing sits right across the bay from us. I got to see the splash landing of SN8. Spectacular is the word that comes to mind. I hope I'm around for the next launch.

glhs837

Power with Control
Look, if you can think of a quicker way to scrap an obsolete test asset let me know.

Jesus, dont even get me started. Took me no crap eight damn years to get the engine guys to come pick up some prototype IR suppression exhausts they asked me to store for six months...... I have pondered an Airspeed project to bring in one of those giant shredders that can take a whole VW Bug, with engine mind you, and reduce it to scraps. The just wander the base "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead!!!!!" I know there are two stupid pods behind VX-20 that have sat there since the 80s. I also know where there are three full up ALE-37 launcher pods that have been in the same friken place since I put there there about 2005. Damn things been out of service since 15 years before that.