Gonna Be Exciting V4 (Yes, we are on the fourth on!!!!) SN10 going to FLY!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Static Fire on this feed at 17:03.....

Potential flight Maybe Thursday or Friday.

Change this time, expected that they relight all three engines for the flip, then shut one down once they establish good firing on all three, since they only need to to land. Mitigates the last issue.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, less that 24 hours ago, at the end of the static fire, during which one engine acted a bit out of sorts, SpaceX removed and replaced what's arguably the most most advanced rocket engine on the planet on the test stand, and completed another static fire. If anyone tells you what's happening in Boca Chica isn't disrupting the hell out of rocketry, just leave them be, they have NO idea what they are talking about. Old Space, sadly, couldnt settle the attendee list for the first meeting about swapping the engine in 24 hours.....

IS this ones good, I really expect flight in no more than 3-5 days. Maybe as soon as Saturday.

glhs837

Power with Control
Tik Tok...... evacuation notice give for tomorrow, launch window is from I think 9am to 6pm. Wids are said to look better in the morning. Hope not, got real work to do in the am...

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, according to Musk, the auto-abort value for high thrust was triggered on one Raptor. So they looked at and said that value was a bit conservative, so they are resetting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've seen it twice now so didn't feel like going up to stand on the deck waiting, only for it to be scrubbed.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've seen it twice now so didn't feel like going up to stand on the deck waiting, only for it to be scrubbed.

Aaand you missed it. Took off, and landed. Then 10 minutes after landing, KABOOOM. Well, I'm sure you knew about the kaboom.

Grumpy

The feed I was listening to said 3 engines to get it upright, then 1 engine for landing. No clue if true, the clowns on the feed left alot to be desired in seriousness.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They stuck the landing today. Then I came inside. A few minutes later, booooom.

FWIW this 1 went a lot higher than the previous 2 launches.

glhs837

Power with Control
The feed I was listening to said 3 engines to get it upright, then 1 engine for landing. No clue if true, the clowns on the feed left alot to be desired in seriousness.

Must have been the NASASpaceFlight.com feed, I watch LabPadre, they shut the hell up a minute or two before launch and stay quiet through. But once the SpaceX feed goes live, I watch that. There is an announcer, Daddy Insprucker as the nerds call him, a veteran announcer who calls most of the Falcon launches. He knows when to be quiet too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aaand you missed it. Took off, and landed. Then 10 minutes after landing, KABOOOM. Well, I'm sure you knew about the kaboom.

Nah, we saw it. Heard the liftoff and went out on our patio to watch. Didn't see the landing because of our vantage point, but a few minutes later we definitely felt the BOOM.