Good Breakfast Places In Southern MD

pilot

Where are the good breakfast places in Southern MD? Ever since Perkins closed, restaurants have been packed, especially on Sunday mornings. I'm already familiar with the obvious ones (e.g. Linda's, IHOP) but any additional suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I've posted this before, but no one really took it to heart.
There's a little tiny store near the entrance to Breezy Point called C&G's.
They have the BEST food, and at amazing prices!
I think they have about five tables in there, but you can get, for example, a breakfast platter, with eggs, scrapple, bacon, or sausage, home fries, and a muffin or toast for about $ 3.00!
The food is unbelievable. They also have great sausage and gravy biscuits and EXCELLENT pancake platters, not to mention lunch and dinner stuff too.
This is by far the best food deal in the entire area!

G

giggles04

Schiebles in Ridge puts on a good breakfast... I enjoy it and its not that expensive either

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
The Captain's Table is Solomon's is decent. Frying Pan in Lusby has great breakfasts at reasonable prices. Trader's in Chesapeake Beach is great too.

I actually prefer Waffle House but I can't think of a close one.

blueeyes76

mattie's has a good breakfast buffet on sunday's.

it is on rt. 235, south of the base, just past spring ridge middle school.

Old Dog

Don't know that it's a recipe per se but this is how my sister makes it.

1 pound bulk sausage, do not go for the reduced fat variety at all, crumbled and fried

Mix some flour with some of the drippings

Add a can of condensed milk (sis uses the full fat kind)

If you want more gravy add extra milk (regular or condensed, your choice)

If it needs to be thicker, add more flour

When it looks about right, add back in the sausage and a goodly bit of black pepper (amount to your taste, but it needs some to taste right).

It won't be a creamy color since condensed milk is used.

Anywho, that's the way sis does it. :)

Take care,
Melody

SmallTown

Football season!
I think we should have breakfast at one of the poster's houses. Since it seems a lot of people do the atkins diet, we would have just a big group of people eating sausage and eggs :smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
I think we should have breakfast at one of the poster's houses. Since it seems a lot of people do the atkins diet, we would have just a big group of people eating sausage and eggs :smile:
Some of us did that last weekend. :biggrin:

MDindef

alright, I'll probably get panned for this, but I enjoy Bob Evan's biscuits & gravy for $2.99. with coffee, you get out of there for $4.50. Not a bad deal at all.

(I know I'm on Atkins, but it's not so bad if I only do it once a week, right?)

K

Kain99

Originally posted by SmallTown

Yakky makes a killer breakfast! :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by cattitude

I actually prefer Waffle House but I can't think of a close one.

I LOVE the Awful Waffle! I'll have mine scattered, smothered, covered, diced and chunked please!!! Come on Cat - road trip to VA for the Awful Waffle!!:biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by yakky doodle
Thx Kain! :biggrin: Couldn't have done it without RoseRed's help! :wink: (cause I needed that :cool: something fierce!) :biggrin:
Glad to be the Kitchen Wench! :biggrin:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by MDindef
(I know I'm on Atkins, but it's not so bad if I only do it once a week, right?)

Sure - just be happy that you're not a vegetarian on the Atkins. :cool:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Oz
Sure - just be happy that you're not a vegetarian on the Atkins. :cool:
Hmmm. No carbs AND no meat...

Could someone actually consume enough spinach and lettuce in a day to preserve life? :lmao: