Good buffet in St Marys

F

Fat Momma

sockgirl77 said:
I always liked Bon Buffet. And yes, I heard all of the rumors about why they were shut down. But, they had the best fried cheese wontons!

When did they shut down?

and off topic question, does anyone know why the house of pancakes and the roy rogers is hsut down in La Plata?

F

Fat Momma

LexiGirl75 said:
I have this same question because I love buffets like Old Country Buffet and Golden Corral and I know people think that a buffet is germy because everyone's hands touches it and you don't know if they washed their hands, etc. But the food in such a great quantity is so awesome.

And yes, I'm SEXY. :yum:

I fixed that for you baby girl.

'SkinsFan

Fat Momma said:
When did they shut down?

and off topic question, does anyone know why the house of pancakes and the roy rogers is hsut down in La Plata?
The Roy Rogers is going to move down near the LP Post Office. I have heard that it will not have a drive-in window at the new location. They are going to tear down the old Roy Rogers and build a drug store. Can't remember...I think maybe it's going to be a Walgreens. I don't know about the Pancake House; I haven't eaten there in over 10 years.

After reading the posts on this thread, I am scared to eat out anywhere--especially at a buffet.

[QUOTE='SkinsFan]The Roy Rogers is going to move down near the LP Post Office. I have heard that it will not have a drive-in window at the new location. They are going to tear down the old Roy Rogers and build a drug store. Can't remember...I think maybe it's going to be a Walgreens. I don't know about the Pancake House; I haven't eaten there in over 10 years.

After reading the posts on this thread, I am scared to eat out anywhere--especially at a buffet.[/QUOTE]

That's correct. They're building a Walgreen's in the place of RR. :bawl:

B

Bronwyn

sockgirl77 said:
I always liked Bon Buffet. And yes, I heard all of the rumors about why they were shut down. But, they had the best fried cheese wontons!

When were they shut down?

Toxick

Splat
General Lee said:
Buffets are filthy..... To many people lick their fingers while serving themselves and then grab the utensils you have to use after them. Kids are to short for the sneeze/hair barrier to have any effect and the cough and sneeze all over the food, pick their nose, and lick their fingers also.

One time at Bon Buffet I saw a big hairy guy stick his hands DOWN his pants and fidget with his nuts for a few seconds. And then he grabbed a big old handful of General Tsau's Chicken with his bare hand.

Needless to say I was real suspicious about the General Tsau's chicken when I scooped some onto my plate.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Toxick said:
One time at Bon Buffet I saw a big hairy guy stick his hands DOWN his pants and fidget with his nuts for a few seconds. And then he grabbed a big old handful of General Tsau's Chicken with his bare hand.

Needless to say I was real suspicious about the General Tsau's chicken when I scooped some onto my plate.

As long as he didnt put it back it was business as usual. :yay:

G

Gemmi

I know this isn't St. Mary's, but the Country Buffet in Waldorf has always been fantastic every time I've been.

F

Fat Momma

Speedy70 said:
That's correct. They're building a Walgreen's in the place of RR. :bawl:

How many drug stores does a county need, that and banks....

Oh well.....this is off topic but since we are the subject of food.

Went to schymaskys (not sure of the spelling) on cobb island and I will tell you this, never and I mean never will I go back.

The first time I tried, it took over 2 hours to eat. We were the only ones in the except a couple or two. The food was gawd awful. The waitress was the worst in all my years.

Said I would never go back then...but the kids had a idea to give it a second try. They said everyone has a bad day....

We go in there last night and not only did the same thing happen again, it happend to multiple people. I heard too many people complaining about the same thing. Slow service, bad food and too high prices.

I don't want to offend anyone but it sucks. JMO

Fat Momma said:
How many drug stores does a county need, that and banks....

Oh well.....this is off topic but since we are the subject of food.

Went to schymaskys (not sure of the spelling) on cobb island and I will tell you this, never and I mean never will I go back.

The first time I tried, it took over 2 hours to eat. We were the only ones in the except a couple or two. The food was gawd awful. The waitress was the worst in all my years.

Said I would never go back then...but the kids had a idea to give it a second try. They said everyone has a bad day....

We go in there last night and not only did the same thing happen again, it happend to multiple people. I heard too many people complaining about the same thing. Slow service, bad food and too high prices.

I don't want to offend anyone but it sucks. JMO

Really? That's one of my parents favorite places to eat. They've never had a problem. Sorry your experience sucked. :huggy:

F

Fat Momma

Speedy70 said:
Really? That's one of my parents favorite places to eat. They've never had a problem. Sorry your experience sucked. :huggy:

Oh, we have been veru sick since....maybe it is just bad timing on our part....

I did hear the sunday breakfast buffet is good.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Fat Momma said:
Oh, we have been veru sick since....maybe it is just bad timing on our part....

I did hear the sunday breakfast buffet is good.

There are just too many places in SoMD that I have yet to go. Clements Island and Smith's Island are 2 that are still on my list. :jameo: