Good charter boat fishing companies?

mdgirlie

Looking for a fun time going fishing for the first time. Does anyone know of any good charter boat fishing south of Lexington Park?

Nickster

Been with Captain Jim Gray a few times as well. Great guy and really knows his fishing spots! Have Fun!

mdgirlie said:
Looking for a fun time going fishing for the first time. Does anyone know of any good charter boat fishing south of Lexington Park?
I don't know if you're too familiar with spring fishing, but what type do you want to do? If you're looking for fun I'm not sure a lot of people would consider trolling a real hoot. Usually an hour or more of boredome followed by, hopefully, a few minutes of excitement. You would get more action waiting for a couple months and going out chumming or live lining.

Last edited:

mdgirlie

desertrat said:
I don't know if you're too familiar with spring fishing, but what type do you want to do? If you're looking for fun I'm not sure a lot of people would consider trolling a real hoot. Usually an hour or more of boredome followed by, hopefully, a few minutes of excitement. You would get more action waiting for a couple months and going out chumming or live lining.

Was hoping to catch some Rockfish. Not too familiar with fishing.

mdgirlie said:
Was hoping to catch some Rockfish. Not too familiar with fishing.
Most likely you would catch them. I just think trolling is a drag. You do get some big fish though this time of year or in the fall.

josmom

desertrat said:

I went out trolling on a charter on Wed. out of North Beach, and loved every minute of it. There was no boredome, I think it all depends on who you take with you and how much beer you take. lol

shilo

We have two captains that charter out of our marina in Ridge. Jeff Popp "Vista Lady" and Captain Walleye Pete who does light tackle jigging. Our number is 301-872-5887. We can put you in touch with them.
www.buzzsmarina.com