Good crappie on base

Richard Cranium

In the lake by gate 3, near the boat launch, submerged tree, small overhangs, in corners. Caught a pretty nice one on a topwater minnow I was swimming about 6 inches below the surface. Biting hard on crickets and tube jigs.

Richard Cranium said:
In the lake by gate 3, near the boat launch, submerged tree, small overhangs, in corners. Caught a pretty nice one on a topwater minnow I was swimming about 6 inches below the surface. Biting hard on crickets and tube jigs.
Oh, I thought this was more about poop.

:lmao:
Not really, we used to catch washtubs full of them at a lake in Wyoming. Good eatin'.

D

dems4me

Richard Cranium said:

Bumpy Oaks on 227 has some of the biggest crappy I've ever seen.. up to 10inches-12 inches.. about a pound and some more... A few years ago ex BF and I measured one of them and then threw it back in - doing catch and release, only to find it out was close to the record size for MD. :whack: Lots of big ones in there! :yay: They like greenworms on bobbers :lol: Some attack it when you real in the bobber :lol: Simple enough, don't need fancy spinners, crankbait, lipless cranks, buzzbaits, poppers or tubes or mirosspins or jig-n-pigs or worms on a Texas or Carolina rig - just a simple bobber :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnightrider

dems4me said:
Bumpy Oaks on 227 has some of the biggest crappy I've ever seen.. up to 10inches-12 inches.. about a pound and some more... A few years ago ex BF and I measured one of them and then threw it back in - doing catch and release, only to find it out was close to the record size for MD. :whack: Lots of big ones in there! :yay: They like greenworms on bobbers :lol: Some attack it when you real in the bobber :lol: Simple enough, don't need fancy spinners, crankbait, lipless cranks, buzzbaits, poppers or tubes or mirosspins or jig-n-pigs or worms on a Texas or Carolina rig - just a simple bobber :lol:
I caught one on lake lariat two years ago that was right around 15 inches. Caught it on a Bass sized spinnerbait :yay:

Ponytail

Midnightrider said:
I caught one on lake lariat two years ago that was right around 15 inches. Caught it on a Bass sized spinnerbait :yay:

I caught one there last year on a HUGE Buzzbait. You know you're using the wrong lure for Bass when...

:lol:

NICE size crappie though.

D

dems4me

Midnightrider said:

Spinnerbaits seem to attract more than bass :lol: I've caught some of my biggest catfish off spinner bait in the Mattawoman... very disappointing though because you think you have a HUGE 5-10lb bass on your line while fighting and reelling it in and then you realize its a catfish. Although their fight is different sometimes its hard to tell the difference when you are really excited thinkings its a huge bass :lol:

dems4me said:
Spinnerbaits seem to attract more than bass :lol: I've caught some of my biggest catfish off spinner bait in the Mattawoman... very disappointing though because you think you have a HUGE 5-10lb bass on your line while fighting and reelling it in and then you realize its a catfish. Although their fight is different sometimes its hard to tell the difference when you are really excited thinkings its a huge bass :lol:
We need to get "thatkid" to tell us about his method of catching catfish in St Marys lake. :lmao: