good drugs

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I just got over some sort of mini flu and now I have chest congestion. I can't watch Comedy Central anymore b/c of my cough, when I laugh I have a coughing fit. Really, I'm coughing a good part of the day. I'm wheezing when I breathe and can't seem to bring up any lung butter or break apart the gunk in my chest.

So what has worked well for you? I think I read something in the forums about mucinex being good but only the liquid. Can someone confirm this so I can go out and get the right thing?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I just got over some sort of mini flu and now I have chest congestion. I can't watch Comedy Central anymore b/c of my cough, when I laugh I have a coughing fit. Really, I'm coughing a good part of the day. I'm wheezing when I breathe and can't seem to bring up any lung butter or break apart the gunk in my chest.

So what has worked well for you? I think I read something in the forums about mucinex being good but only the liquid. Can someone confirm this so I can go out and get the right thing?

Maybe you should try a healthier life style. Or try mine and add vodka :lol:

Acidophilus in capsule form, not yogurt, has worked well for me for many years in preventing flu bugs.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Maybe you should try a healthier life style. Or try mine and add vodka :lol:

Acidophilus in capsule form, not yogurt, has worked well for me for many years in preventing flu bugs.

No, I might get sick once a year....

I'm just desperate.... and need some relief.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Why don't you go get checked out? Wheezing? Could be pnuemonia or bronchitis. Several friends and coworkers ended up going from the flu to bronchitis.

T

toppick08

A romp in the pea patch with a bottle of baby oil.........:coffee:

:huggy:

mitzi

Robitussin DM works wonders for me. Same active ingredient as Mucinex and much cheaper. It will break up the gunk so you can get it out.

gemma_rae

Albuterol will break up the lung gunk and stop that wheezing. Need a script for that, though. Mucinex D capsules helped me before I got tons of refills on the albuterol. Sorry, I don't know about the liquid Mucinex. Never tried it. Maybe you have asthma. I say that because you are wheezing. Get well soon.

J

jp2854

mb that was my problem. I went to the doctors and was told it was bronchitis. I have been taking musinex dm but also had a script for zpack. I am still coughing but not as bad as before everyone tells me the cough can hang around for a while though.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Robitussin cold, cough, and flu.
I am not usually a fan of overdoing the drugs (mixtures like this, to treat various things you may not have along with what you do have), but as long as you don't drink (it has tylenol's working ingredient in it) while taking it...there really aren't any downfalls that I saw :shrug:
I slept 13 hours after taking it, but it may not have been from the meds :lol: I was behind on sleep anyway :yay:

PS: I chose this combination and not just Robutussin cough because I had what I would say was the stomach bug, to sore throat, to cold thing that was going around. So, it was good for any lingering symptoms :yay: (and I used the night time type, only.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Try to find an asthmatic and ask to borrow their inhaler. Albuterol rocks but they phased it out due to the propellant it used, I stocked before hand :yay: Liquid albuterol works good too as long as you don't use too much :sshhaakkeess: :goodtimes:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Try to find an asthmatic and ask to borrow their inhaler. Albuterol rocks but they phased it out due to the propellant it used, I stocked before hand :yay: Liquid albuterol works good too as long as you don't use too much :sshhaakkeess: :goodtimes:

:confused:
They still use Albuterol, they just use a different propellant.
Now they use ethanol :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I stand corrected to a point, CFC propelled Albuterol inhalers are no longer allowed to be produced as of 31 DEC 08. They must now be HFA propelled, like Proventil.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I stand corrected to a point, CFC propelled Albuterol inhalers are no longer allowed to be produced as of 31 DEC 08. They must now be HFA propelled, like Proventil.

Ok, I thought that was the case because I was just looking them up after seeing that GF's old one was ethanol propelled...but I wasn't positive either :lol:

misshelper

I use Proair HFA.