Good grief, no wonder these people never get anything done

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The House votes Wednesday to send impeachment articles to the Senate. One would assume that was a given after the impeachment went through, but no. They have to take a vote to take a vote to take a vote. It's tedious and irritating and the sign of do-nothing bureaucrats.

This is on OUR dime, btw.

They can jump fast enough when it's some partisan garbage they want to be all over - like rebuking the President or to bitch and whine about something he's done - but when it comes to actual freaking work.....sorry, too busy....maybe next week we'll take a vote on whether we should vote to vote for something.

:crazy:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The House votes Wednesday to send impeachment articles to the Senate. One would assume that was a given after the impeachment went through, but no. They have to take a vote to take a vote to take a vote. It's tedious and irritating and the sign of do-nothing bureaucrats.

They can jump fast enough when it's some partisan garbage they want to be all over - like rebuking the President or to bitch and whine about something he's done - but when it comes to actual freaking work.....sorry, too busy....maybe next week we'll take a vote on whether we should vote to vote for something.

They're collecting their dimes whether they do anything or nothing.It's kind of like complaining about the SS getting paid while Trump is golfing, they were going to be paid anyways.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're collecting their dimes whether they do anything or nothing.

That is similar to saying that your employees are going to be paid whether they work or sit on their ass. They're there to WORK, not play games.

Chris0nllyn

That is similar to saying that your employees are going to be paid whether they work or sit on their ass. They're there to WORK, not play games.

Impeachment is literally in their job description.

Agree with it or not, it's the fact of the matter. Also, and this may shock you, but Congress votes on things.

Barabbas

Impeachment is literally in their job description.

Agree with it or not, it's the fact of the matter. Also, and this may shock you, but Congress votes on things.
Based on your first sentence I must ask if you’re aware that the impeachment already happened. I hear he’s impeached for life.

I am pretty sure that bills don’t normally receive another vote as to whether they will be sent to the other chamber.

I think this extra vote is on the naming of House impeachment managers. Seems like an administrative issue for the Democrats rather than the whole House since this is a strictly partisan matter

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It's exactly the same when you talk about civil service "workers".

Hijinx

Pelosi has been saying she has to pick the "managers" for this trial.
Managers is a different term for the prosecuting attorney's.
Don't know why they call them managers.

Now it would only make sense to have Schiff anf Nadler as managers., but I an sure she is scouting among the most rabid sufferers of TDS to pick others. My question is can a manager also be a witness?
For certainly Schiff and his Whistle Blower should be called to testify as they are the ones who brought forth this sham.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Pelosi has been saying she has to pick the "managers" for this trial.
Managers is a different term for the prosecuting attorney's.
Don't know why they call them managers.

Now it would only make sense to have Schiff anf Nadler as managers., but I an sure she is scouting among the most rabid sufferers of TDS to pick others. My question is can a manager also be a witness?
For certainly Schiff and his Whistle Blower should be called to testify as they are the ones who brought forth this sham.
I don't know why it makes sense to have either of these two in charge, neither one did a very good job at the impeachment hearing.

Spitfire

Greetings:

Maybe Nancy is holding back these AOI to run off Bernie from the DNC nomination again. Perhaps she’s going to wait until the campaigns start up in earnest before delivering to the Senate.

That way, just as Bernie gets out on the campaign trail, boom, he’s gotta be back in the Senate for the duration of the trial.

Hijinx

I don't know why it makes sense to have either of these two in charge, neither one did a very good job at the impeachment hearing.

Well, since they sat there throught the whole thing and made most of it up it would appear they know more about it than the rest.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well, since they sat there throught the whole thing and made most of it up it would appear they know more about it than the rest.
Yes, but they didn't convince anyone who wasn't already decided. If we're going to do that we don't need a rerun.

SkylarkTempest

Maybe the money Trump has spent on travel could be reduced to help offset the wasted resources. Over 100 million compared to Obama's 96 million. Of course, it took Obama 8 years to rack up that figure. Trump's a winner. He beat Obama in only 3 years.

WingsOfGold

Tonight listening to Bidens sob story... freshman senator in 1973 making 40K a year blah blah blah. 40K in 1973 is about 237K today, he was hardly "poor" as he claimed. :rolleyes:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Maybe the money Trump has spent on travel could be reduced to help offset the wasted resources. Over 100 million compared to Obama's 96 million. Of course, it took Obama 8 years to rack up that figure. Trump's a winner. He beat Obama in only 3 years.

Money well spent, IMO. Everybody needs a little down time. Not everyone flies to Hawaii for their vacations.

If magic mulatto did 1/2 of what Trump has done for our country, then maybe you would have a point. He didn't, so you don't.

SkylarkTempest

Money well spent, IMO. Everybody needs a little down time. Not everyone flies to Hawaii for their vacations.

If magic mulatto did 1/2 of what Trump has done for our country, then maybe you would have a point. He didn't, so you don't.

Aww, what a pitiful little argument you have. (And you managed to sprinkle in some racism, too.) "Everybody needs a little down time." LOL. 1/3 of his presidency so far? Also, the sheer scale of the money he's spent. Year for year, Obama spent 12 million in travel. Trump has spent 33 million. That's an obscene amount, especially after he said he wouldn't be playing golf and never leaving the White House because he'd be working too hard. He's probably doing a lot in that excessive daily "Executive Time" reported in his official daily schedule. (Spoiler alert: he's watching cable news to see what people are saying about him.)

"Not everyone flies to Hawaii for their vacations." What's your point? Hawaii is farther than Florida? Do do you think airplane fuel represents a significant percentage of the cost? LOL. What about the additional costs Palm Beach has to incur in increased police presence every time Trump visits Mar-a-Lago? I'll put that up against your fuel costs.

"If [Obama] did 1/2 of what Trump has done for our country, then maybe you would have a point. He didn't, so you don't."

As I recall, in his first two years he managed the financial crisis and set us on a path that has seen the longest bull market in history - almost 280% in his 8 years, which is an average 13% per year. Compare that to Trump's market which has grown at an average of...oh, 13% per year. That's, like, a continuation of the trend. Cool.

He also passed the first sweeping healthcare legislation in the history of this country. I know you probably think this is a bad thing. Too bad 53% of the country disagrees with you, including 1/5 of Republicans.

After 2011, Republicans took power and started obstructing any progress for purely political reasons. True patriots. But he still found a way to make the right choice on Osama bin Laden.

More than half the electorate thinks he did a lot for this country. If it was a minority, then maybe you would have a point. It's not, so you don't.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As I recall, in his first two years he managed the financial crisis

:killingme...yeah...right... King Putt presided over the slowest and most anemic recovery from a recession in modern US history.