Good Morning Southern Maryland

SailorGirl

Anyone get out last night and take advantage of outdoor eating? If so, could you please describe in rapturous detail what it was like to have someone else cook your food, bring it to your table, actually clean up your dishes, and cater to your every whim. @Bann - did you go anywhere chickee?

What's everyone got planned for the day? I think the weatherman got it wrong - sunny in Saint Inigoes and I've got a lounge chair calling my name.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Working today and need to finish up getting the store and dog wash ready to reopen to the public on Monday. We will remain closed on Sundays though I will probably end up there tomorrow if we don't get it all done today.

SailorGirl

Working today and need to finish up getting the store and dog wash ready to reopen to the public on Monday. We will remain closed on Sundays though I will probably end up there tomorrow if we don't get it all done today.
I hope when you're ready and find the time to relax that you take yourself and five of your closest friends somewhere nice and let someone else take care of you for a change. Perhaps this guy. I sure do like men with swords. Probably too much GOT. When you're done with him send him to my house. I have blueberry pie.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Normally Saturdays are towel and bedsheets washing day but I think today will be "make the kittens love me even if they don't want to" day. Very sad that they slept inches from my face and climbed all over me last night and this morning still hiss and run away if I come too close.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Anyone get out last night and take advantage of outdoor eating? If so, could you please describe in rapturous detail what it was like to have someone else cook your food, bring it to your table, actually clean up your dishes, and cater to your every whim. @Bann - did you go anywhere chickee?

What's everyone got planned for the day? I think the weatherman got it wrong - sunny in Saint Inigoes and I've got a lounge chair calling my name.
The air was so thick last night you could cut it with a knife and thunderstorms were threatening. We decided not to chance a thunderstorm while dining outside! So, we ordered the Friday night pizza and wings special takeout from Brick Wood FIred Oven Bistro instead! :yay:

Of course it did not rain over here that I could tell. :ohwell: :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Normally Saturdays are towel and bedsheets washing day but I think today will be "make the kittens love me even if they don't want to" day. Very sad that they slept inches from my face and climbed all over me last night and this morning still hiss and run away if I come too close.
It's probably just their instincts right now. They have to acclimate and assimilate into your family. I think your idea is good, though! Sounds fun!!

SailorGirl

The air was so thick last night you could cut it with a knife and thunderstorms were threatening. We decided not to chance a thunderstorm while dining outside! So, we ordered the Friday night pizza and wings special takeout from Brick Wood FIred Oven Bistro instead! :yay:

Of course it did not rain over here that I could tell. :ohwell: :lol:
Better days ahead Bann - good start last night though!

SailorGirl

Sounds like the last date I had. :lmao:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It's probably just their instincts right now. They have to acclimate and assimilate into your family. I think your idea is good, though! Sounds fun!!
In my head, I know I have only had them a couple days. They are improving a lot. More active, more tolerant of people being in the general vicinity. I was so happy when they chose to come up next to me last night. I even petted the main hisser and she didn't hiss at me. But in my heart, all I feel is LOVE ME GOSH DARNIT!!!

SailorGirl

In my head, I know I have only had them a couple days. They are improving a lot. More active, more tolerant of people being in the general vicinity. I was so happy when they chose to come up next to me last night. I even petted the main hisser and she didn't hiss at me. But in my heart, all I feel is LOVE ME GOSH DARNIT!!!

DaSDGuy

Still scared of the change. Its amazing how friendly they get when you play with them. A simple piece of string may be all it takes. Have fun

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
After a long week of working on other people's boats, I'm going to find time to give my little fishing vessel some love. The first order of business is finding some proper fuel. My last sea trail felt like I was dragging a coal barge across the creek. If it's not bad fuel, I'm going back to the original carburetor and give it another go.

GregV814

Well by golly, I may be an old fuddy duddy , but I really whooped it up last night! Yeah, I did!!
Bout 6 pm, went to one of them dine out restaurants with outdoor seating and dined on pure 100% beef bi-products with an old world touch of mustard, some tomato composition and a bakers roll. Lively chat with another couple, two cars away revealed a commonality of thoughts of current atmospheric conditions. The asphalt warmth made the evening magic!!
King Hogan, you da MAN!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Still scared of the change. Its amazing how friendly they get when you play with them. A simple piece of string may be all it takes. Have fun
Yes. I bought some fishing toys and a laser pointer. They love both. I found a plastic ball with a bell in it from my other cats and I can hear them batting that around under my bed. I was playing with the fishing toy and next thing I know, the calico is dragging it under the bed. Guess she wanted to play with it by herself. :lmao:

ginwoman

I hope when you're ready and find the time to relax that you take yourself and five of your closest friends somewhere nice and let someone else take care of you for a change. Perhaps this guy. I sure do like men with swords. Probably too much GOT. When you're done with him send him to my house. I have blueberry pie.

View attachment 148541
I love Jamie Fraser and Outlander. He is so fine it ain't funny.

SailorGirl

Yes. I bought some fishing toys and a laser pointer. They love both. I found a plastic ball with a bell in it from my other cats and I can hear them batting that around under my bed. I was playing with the fishing toy and next thing I know, the calico is dragging it under the bed. Guess she wanted to play with it by herself. :lmao:
They're going to have a good home with you. :huggy:

SailorGirl

Well by golly, I may be an old fuddy duddy , but I really whooped it up last night! Yeah, I did!!
Bout 6 pm, went to one of them dine out restaurants with outdoor seating and dined on pure 100% beef bi-products with an old world touch of mustard, some tomato composition and a bakers roll. Lively chat with another couple, two cars away revealed a commonality of thoughts of current atmospheric conditions. The asphalt warmth made the evening magic!!
King Hogan, you da MAN!
Sonic, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendys? What did you drink? Did someone else clean up your mess?