Good Person to build an Indoor Arena

morganhorse

Hello everyone,
I'm thinking about putting an indoor up on a farm I just purchased and I'm looking for suggestions on builders.

Also how high is the demand for an indoor arena in LaPlata? I know there are two indoors on Rt6 but I'm not sure how much they charge or if they are even full...does anyone know?

Thanks for all the help, :howdy:
Amy

fredsaid2

morganhorse said:
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking about putting an indoor up on a farm I just purchased and I'm looking for suggestions on builders.

Also how high is the demand for an indoor arena in LaPlata? I know there are two indoors on Rt6 but I'm not sure how much they charge or if they are even full...does anyone know?

Thanks for all the help, :howdy:
Amy

You might drive to the different farms and talk to the owners. Get their take on what they did right and what they wish they'd done differently. Holly Point put up a coverall. Don't think that there's any cost savings, just a different option.

I'd say if your lesson program is growing, if your lessons will take place mostly in the after work hours, if you envision hosting riding teams; an indoor could be what makes all that possible.

Good luck!

bkokoruda

We were thinking about putting one up at our place too. The conventional ones seem to be more cost effective. Not sure how much board you can charge. We are across from Oak Ridge Park and once the indoor is up will probably charge $500 for full board.

Sparks

bkokoruda said:
We were thinking about putting one up at our place too. The conventional ones seem to be more cost effective. Not sure how much board you can charge. We are across from Oak Ridge Park and once the indoor is up will probably charge $500 for full board.

Is the demand in So. MD enough to bring in $500+ for board with an indoor? I had no idea. I'm just not familiar with stables down there.

Are you in that GORGEOUS house right across from the park? I went to Oakridge for the first time a few months ago. I LOVED that white house with the high porch.

fredsaid2

Sparks said:
Is the demand in So. MD enough to bring in $500+ for board with an indoor? I had no idea. I'm just not familiar with stables down there.
QUOTE]

Most local barns are running in the $300 range w/o an indoor and $400 with. You very well may get $500 but that seems a lot for the clientele available. Show oriented barns w/ a known trainer - I could see, but for what most do around here that price seems like a lot.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
In Calvert County Reverie Acres put up a barn "kit" with labor from the amish - VERY NICE!!!!! It has an indoor and then some attached stalls.

changeling

HorseLady said:
In Calvert County Reverie Acres put up a barn "kit" with labor from the amish - VERY NICE!!!!! It has an indoor and then some attached stalls.

:flowers: Thanks we love it too :flowers: . But it really wasn't a kit, we worked with R & D Cross on the design and the engineering was done by Blue Chip Structures (20+ pages of blueprints later). R & D arranged for the construction.