Good places to walk/run?

Phila215

Well there's not much else to do now is there? Since the base is closed, I was wondering where (generally around Lexington Park) there are good places to go for walks or runs? I've gone down to Historical St Mary's city/College and there are nice paved paths around there. Closer by is Chancellors Run Park but that's only a quick circle, any other suggestions?

Goldenhawk

From the MD state parks home page just now: "All Maryland State Parks are open, with the exception of the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad State Park, which was closed due to the volume of visitation that occurs in the park’s interpretive center. "

Sprinkles

Well there's not much else to do now is there? Since the base is closed, I was wondering where (generally around Lexington Park) there are good places to go for walks or runs? I've gone down to Historical St Mary's city/College and there are nice paved paths around there. Closer by is Chancellors Run Park but that's only a quick circle, any other suggestions?

You might look up Geocaching, if that's still a thing. When we did it years ago, we found all kind of cool places to explore.

Goldenhawk

It's definitely still a thing. Start at https://www.geocaching.com for info. There are tons of caches in this local area, and some of them are quite good and take you interesting places. It's usually a fairly solitary sport, so perfect for these times. I would avoid any caches that use language like "high muggle count" or "lots of muggles" - borrowing from Harry Potter language, meaning a lot of non-geocachers around the area that you'll have to avoid. Pretty much anything in an urban area.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You might look up Geocaching, if that's still a thing. When we did it years ago, we found all kind of cool places to explore.
What was that game that was played on smartphones a few years back - the kids were trying to collect these virtual objects

Goldenhawk

Pokemon Go. Still a thing, but the game provider (Niantic) changed it so that people are at lower risk. Supposedly. I have no personal experience.