good podiatrist or orthopaedic doc?

ccbb

I went to a local podiatrist recently for bunion pain and was prescribed inserts for my shoes. I was fitted for these with laser foot-mapping technology, so thought these would be the answer to my prayers! After wearing them for a couple of weeks I don't feel any better. They're very wide and all they seem to do is lift my foot higher in the shoe! I feel like I've been sold a bill of goods that doesn't address the real problem. The inserts don't give any arch support (they're practically flat), and my feet hurt worse than ever.

I'm considering going to an orthopaedic doctor instead, but want one who specializes in foot / ankle problems. I live in Charles County, but don't mind traveling elsewhere to see a decent doctor! Suggestions anyone?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Dr. Robert Van Fossen
Capital Foot & Ankle Care Center
301-862-3338
PO Box 1310
California, MD 20619- 1310

He comes to Leonardtown and I think Prince Frederick too...Make sure to ask for him....He is good

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Dr. Jeffrey Idol-PF. I think he has an ofc in LaPlata & Lex. Park, too.

OldHillcrestGuy

I just had bunion surgery in December, had the bunion for as long as I can remember, but it never gave me any problems, once my second toe started coming over top of the big toe, it was time to get it fixed, the foot doctor we have gone to in the past in Walldorf wouldnt touch. He refered us to a doctor at Georgetown Hospital, just so happens he is the director of the Foot and Ankle Center there, Dr.Paul Cooper, he did my surgery. I ended up with 2 screws in the big toe, and a rod in the 2nd toe which came out at the 6 week mark after the surgery. Everything went great, I am currently doing physical therapy 2 times a week for 6-8 weeks. I also now have orthtodics for my shoes. To see xrays of the before and after its just amazing the difference.