Good reason to immunize your kids...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

black dog

Free America
In theory I agree, but in practical terms it's not quite equivalent. A jerk unvaccinated kid isn't likely able to intentionally infect another unvaccinated kid with a disease, where a jerk kid with a PBJ can easily use it offensively against a kid with allergies.

Not true..

• By mother to baby by pregnancy, labor, or nursing.
  • By airborne respiratory droplets (coughs or sneezes).
  • By saliva (kissing or shared drinks).
  • By skin-to-skin contact (handshakes or hugs).
  • By touching a contaminated surface (blanket or doorknob).
It spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Measles is a highlycontagious virus that lives in the nose and throat mucus of an infected person. It can spread to others through coughing and sneezing. Also, measles virus can live for up to two hours in an airspace where the infected person coughed or sneezed.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Not true..

It spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Measles is a highly contagious virus that lives in the nose and throat mucus of an infected person. It can spread to others through coughing and sneezing. Also, measles virus can live for up to two hours in an airspace where the infected person coughed or sneezed.
Generally the mother passes her immunization on to the fetus through the placenta, this covers them for the first few months.

Auntie Biache'

Where was all the pearl clutching when folks my age were getting all this crap, and staying home from school for a week....Dang, that's it. They're pushing vaccines because schools lose money when kids are out sick.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's still not the big deal they're making it out to be. These used to be called "childhood" illnesses/diseases, because everybody got them. It was a non-event.
Since it has been pretty much eradicated in the US, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. But don't take your unvax kids to a place where they may catch it and bring it back. Same with all the illegals bringing it here and exposing it to everyone else. Just because you get immunized doesn't mean some still may catch it. I had chicken pox (remember pox parties?), I still got shingles.

luvmygdaughters

It's still not the big deal they're making it out to be. These used to be called "childhood" illnesses/diseases, because everybody got them. It was a non-event.
Thats the reason for getting the vaccines, so they dont become problem. Really, vaccinate your kids or keep them at home!!

Auntie Biache'

Since it has been pretty much eradicated in the US, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. But don't take your unvax kids to a place where they may catch it and bring it back. Same with all the illegals bringing it here and exposing it to everyone else. Just because you get immunized doesn't mean some still may catch it. I had chicken pox (remember pox parties?), I still got shingles.

Well, I didn't know anyone who traveled the world when I was a kid. Everyone I knew was poor. When we did get sick, we stayed home. I still only had the smallpox vaccine. If I ever got anything else, I don't remember it. The other side of the coin is, if your kids are vaccinated, then you should have no reason to be concerned about them being exposed. That's what I don't get about all the pearl clutching. The only kids who will catch anything are those that are not vaccinated, and their parents probably look for pox parties (yes, I remember them).

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, I didn't know anyone who traveled the world when I was a kid. Everyone I knew was poor. When we did get sick, we stayed home. I still only had the smallpox vaccine. If I ever got anything else, I don't remember it. The other side of the coin is, if your kids are vaccinated, then you should have no reason to be concerned about them being exposed. That's what I don't get about all the pearl clutching. The only kids who will catch anything are those that are not vaccinated, and their parents probably look for pox parties (yes, I remember them).
Exactly. But if these parents knowingly took their kids to a place they could catch it, I tend to lean on the side that they knew better. The story doesn't say where they went. My kid was immunized. We both did get extra shots before going to Panama years ago for whatever it was, I don't remember now.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yeah, Polio and Smallpox were no big deal.. you just kept your kids at home.. buried in your backyard.

Clem72

Not true..

It spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Measles is a highlycontagious virus that lives in the nose and throat mucus of an infected person. It can spread to others through coughing and sneezing. Also, measles virus can live for up to two hours in an airspace where the infected person coughed or sneezed.

I feel like you intentionally missed my point. I wasn't saying measles is difficult to spread. I was saying there is greater potential for a kid with a pbj to cause havoc, mostly because if kid knowingly has measles they won't be at school to spit or sneeze on anyone.

black dog

Free America
I feel like you intentionally missed my point. I wasn't saying measles is difficult to spread. I was saying there is greater potential for a kid with a pbj to cause havoc, mostly because if kid knowingly has measles they won't be at school to spit or sneeze on anyone.

Most people are contagious for a few days before its realized they have the measles.
So you believe that somewhere between .4 to 1.4% of the population may have peanut and other food issues can cause more havoc in a elementary school than say 1.4% of the kids in a elementary school during the days they are contagious with the measles?

It is extremely contagious–nine out of ten people who are not immune and share living space with an infected person will be infected. People are infectious to others from four days before to four days after the start of the rash