Good thing we built a police station on GMR

glhs837

Power with Control
Had a guy in the FB comments saying the issue was them 3d printed ghost guns.... And yes, he's speaking of the lex park area.

PeoplesElbow

Had a guy in the FB comments saying the issue was them 3d printed ghost guns.... And yes, he's speaking of the lex park area.
I have a 3d printer, the consumer versions require quite a bit of skill/tinkering to get them to make a decent print even of something minor. We are talking calibrations, messing around with settings, having quite a bit of mechanical ability etc. They are not like an inkjet printer, infact there are companies that exist just to buy up the printers returned to amazon because "it don't work" and they resale them at a discount (Comgrow is the best known). Then someone has to understand their slicer software, even if someone else made the model. Making the model themselves requires someone to have a very good working skill of Solidworks or Fusion360.

Making a gun with a 3D printer is probably harder than it would be to buy a hobbiest CNC machine and make it out of steel.

The idea people had about 10 years ago of printing out car parts etc instead of going to the store to buy them was complete bullshit.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I have a 3d printer, the consumer versions require quite a bit of skill/tinkering to get them to make a decent print even of something minor. We are talking calibrations, messing around with settings, having quite a bit of mechanical ability etc. They are not like an inkjet printer, infact there are companies that exist just to buy up the printers returned to amazon because "it don't work" and they resale them at a discount (Comgrow is the best known). Then someone has to understand their slicer software, even if someone else made the model. Making the model themselves requires someone to have a very good working skill of Solidworks or Fusion360.

Making a gun with a 3D printer is probably harder than it would be to buy a hobbiest CNC machine and make it out of steel.

The idea people had about 10 years ago of printing out car parts etc instead of going to the store to buy them was complete bullshit.
But in a town ths small, only one or two people need to figure it out, and then make everyone else a copy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What I've seen showing up around here are not 3D printed guns...that's mostly media BS. What are being built are "kits" using 80% lowers and all the parts for the upper slide and barrel etc.....all readily available on the internets. I've seen some very poorly/crudely finished 80% lowers that still make the gun functional and go "bang"....although unreliable and wildly inaccurate. Not that those bangers ever hit anything except at point blank range anyway. It's all in their technique: