Google’s Outrage Mobs and Witch Hunts

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Google’s Outrage Mobs and Witch Hunts: This author is supposedly a Republican Google software engineer and he penned this piece on Medium.
Google has become a company where outrage mobs and witch hunts dominate its culture. These outrage mobs and witch hunts have become an existential threat not only to Google’s culture internally, but to Google’s trust and credibility externally.

If left unchecked, these outrage mobs will hunt down any conservative, any Christian, and any independent free thinker at Google who does not bow down to their agenda. Anyone who stands up to them will be hounded until they either shut the **** up or they “get the **** out”. Furthermore, Google HR has clearly shown that they function as an accessory to these witch hunts.

As I said before, once you control who belongs at Google, you can control what content belongs on Google.

One Google employee, who gave me permission to share his story, was once hauled into a meeting with management and HR over some of his writings on company message boards. He was not directly punished in that meeting, but the meeting did carry a strong implied threat of future punishment. Here was one of the issues that was mentioned to him in writing after that meeting:

One Googler raised a concern that you that you appeared to be promoting and defending Jordan Peterson’s comments about transgender pronouns, and this made them feel unsafe at work.

You simply say you feel unsafe because of someone's words and you can shut them down w/o further discussion. What a sophomoric environment.

Last edited:

transporter

Would you care to explain how Google is any different than...oh say Fox "News"? Just say the word Obama and every heart starts palpitating.

Or maybe dailywire, comrade GURPS favorite source.

Or Rush Limbaugh.

Or townhall, redstate, breitbart.

You people are just as freakishly offended. The only difference between most of the folks on here and some Occupy freak are the trigger words that set you off.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Would you care to explain how Google is any different than...oh say Fox "News"? Just say the word Obama and every heart starts palpitating.

Or Rush Limbaugh.

You people are just as freakishly offended. The only difference between most of the folks on here and some Occupy freak are the trigger words that set you off.
This is the weakest "whatabout" argument I've read in quite some time.

You're talking about - I'll bite and stipulate their evilness for sake of this comparison - right-wing mouthpieces that audiences are free to listen to or not. These mouthpieces may agitate, but the public they seek to agitate can take it or leave it. Be triggered or not.

The OP is discussing a completely different phenomenon: a tech behemoth that apparently has an echo chamber so big and loud that its own existence is threatened (both internally because a minority of employees are in fear of their jobs and externally because this totalitarian group-think at Google may provoke the government to legislate it out of its current business model). The OP snipped a section of the article that spoke to an employee's NON-ability to tune things out or voice an opinion contrary to what appears to be a brutally enforced, social group-think.

Unless you're making the assertion that the "corporate" environments of Fox News or Daily Wire are equally totalitarian in their political views environment. In which case, cite some sources/links.

But I think you won't be able to cite anything that makes your comparison even remotely similar. Because your comparison isn't "apples-oranges" bad; your comparison is more akin to "apples-silverware." It simply does not compute.

We may be freakishly offended at times, but we a) don't have many (if any) corporations that are so NPC as these big tech companies appear to be and b) aren't so violent in our disagreement when we encounter opposing viewpoints.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

BOP

Or Rush Limbaugh.

I'm feeling unsafe at your words. Stop hurting me.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is the weakest "whatabout" argument I've read in quite some time.

you must be responding to Transporter

Unless you're making the assertion that the "corporate" environments of Fox News or Daily Wire are equally totalitarian in their political views environment. In which case, cite some sources/links.

Transporter cannot do that because she engages in Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and ASSUMPTION