GOP Operatives - Actions and Issues

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Republican establishment begins to understand that lawfare endangers them, too

By Andrea Widburg

One of the things that’s been vexing for many conservatives is how passive the Republican National Committee has been when it comes to the lawfare being waged against Donald Trump. Don’t they understand that Trump is the trial balloon and that, if the lawfare against him is successful, it’ll be used against all Republicans? However, an opinion piece at the Wall Street Journal that Jeb Bush co-authored suggests that, finally, the GOP is becoming aware of the global threat of lawfare.

The GOP never liked Trump. One of the things to remember about Trump’s presidency is that, for the first two years, Congress had a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate. Nevertheless, Trump was unable either to get rid of Obamacare or to gain funding for serious border control. In those cases, and many others, it was the Republicans who stood in the way. The Democrats’ ability to undermine him reflected not just the opposition’s animus but also a civil war within the Republican party itself.

That civil war was reflected in the fact that many Republicans have been muted, at best, in responding to the lawfare being waged against Trump. You can see them thinking either that “eh, there’s no smoke without fire” (as in, if Democrats are suing or indicting Trump, there must be something there) or they’re thinking, “thank goodness they’re getting rid of him for us so that ‘real’ Republicans can fully control the party.”

The problem with either of these lines of thinking is that they’re crumbling under the weight of reality. The conduct of the trials and the verdicts against Trump in the New York civil cases revealed that the judges and anti-Trump attorneys involved had no regard whatsoever for silly little things like due process, rules of evidence, legal procedure, honesty, etc. “Get Trump” was the sole principle guiding events.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

She Will Bail – Senator Lisa Murkowski Again Threatens to Leave the Republican Party​

March 24, 2024 | Sundance | 302 Comments

It’s really not a matter of if Republican senators will leave the party in the lame duck session after a President Trump win in November; the question is: how many?

The predictability of the issue is actually quite simple. {GO DEEP} Almost all senators kneel at the altar of money, nothing else. The GOPe senators will exhaust every weapon in their arsenal on behalf of their multinational financial benefactors, prior to the November 2024 election. Once those narrative attack weapons are exhausted, they will take the deal and quit the party in their final political effort to retain affluence.
Accepting this reality, I asked the question a few weeks ago. The largest number of respondents said 1 to 3 senators will resign the party.

[Source]

Lisa Murkowski switching parties is a no brainer. Susan Collins and Todd Young are two more possibilities. Mitt Romney has already announced he is leaving. Mitch McConnell has already announced he is stepping down from leadership and will not seek another term. A tenuous John Thune will only remain if he replaces McConnell. …. and so it goes.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Rep. Mike Gallagher Leaves GOP, Wisconsinites In The Lurch

U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., has called on Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., to quickly push her resolution for Gallagher’s expulsion. That’s not happening. The backbone-challenged Johnson reportedly was privy to Gallagher’s plans to resign. He had nothing but praise for the establishment Gallagher, who, just days before announcing he wouldn’t seek another term, surprised his Republican colleagues by voting against the impeachment of border-busting Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Gallagher, a former Marine and Iraq War veteran, is reportedly parlaying his congressional House Armed Services Committee cred for a job in the defense industry. Forbes reports that Gallagher, who led the congressional bill that could ultimately ban TikTok in the United States, is taking a position with U.S.-based surveillance company and defense contractor Palantir.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

RNC Cleans House To Get Everybody On The Same Page About Election Integrity

This news was well received among the president’s supporters, many of whom saw the former RNC as an enforcement arm of the D.C. establishment, solidifying it while undermining his return to power. Reporting on the personnel change-up was quickly followed by an announcement that there would be a shift in focus at the RNC to election integrity. These changes at the RNC and other organizations signal that two broader principles of a more focused MAGA movement are being put into action: Personnel is policy, and election fraud is a real threat.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

House Republican Committee Chair: ‘Russian Propaganda’ Has Infiltrated Chunk Of GOP Base

In an interview last week with Puck News, McCaul said, “I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base.”

“And I have to explain to them what’s at stake, why Ukraine is in our national security interest,” he continued. “By the way, you don’t like Communist China? Well, guess what? They’re aligned [with Russia], along with the Ayatollah. So when you explain it that way, they kind of start understanding it. And unlike 1939, we want to provide deterrence so that we don’t have to send anyone over, and we don’t want Article V invoked. Because the next thing the Russians will do is [attack] Moldova, Georgia, and then part of the Baltics. Or at least provoke a lot. So I just think it’s preventative.”

Later in the interview, when asked to expound upon his comments, McCaul said that the source of a lot of the propaganda has been “some more nighttime entertainment shows that seem to spin, like, I see the Russian propaganda in some of it — and it’s almost identical [to what they’re saying on Russian state television] — on our airwaves.”

“They have the same problem in Europe. I mean, Russia’s been very effective at that,” he continued. “These people that read various conspiracy theory outlets that are just not accurate, and they actually model Russian propaganda. And I have to explain to them, ‘You’re actually a victim of Russian propaganda, and what you’re saying, you’re spreading Russian [propaganda].’ [And they respond,] ‘Oh, no I’m not.'”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

“You’re funded by China,” Hawley said. He asked the crowd to answer whether China was committing a genocide against the Uyghurs but did not get a straight answer. Hawley also pressed them to stop taking money from Beijing, but was told he was getting off-topic.

“The anti-Israel Code Pink crazies are back roaming the halls of the Senate calling Israel a terrorist state. But when I confront them about all their dirty funding from China — they get suddenly tongue-tied,” Hawley said. “They ‘don’t know’ if the Uyghur genocide is real! Astroturf wackos.”

Activists demonstrated on Capitol Hill this week to call for a cease-fire in Israel’s fight against Hamas in Gaza. Dozens were arrested on Tuesday after protesting in the Senate cafeteria as Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin testified having no evidence of genocide in the Gaza Strip.

Several Republican lawmakers approached by camera-wielding activists over the past several months have used the encounters to declare their support of Israel and put Hamas on blast.