Got a Sous Vide

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have the recipe, for those interested:

1. Drink beer all day in the shop.
  2. Start grill and let it warm up. Drink more beer.
  3. Put ribs on grill and smother with homemade bbq sauce.
  4. Try liberal quantities of shine that a buddy brought over.
  5. Drink more beer.
  6. Fall asleep in recliner

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I have the recipe, for those interested:

1. Drink beer all day in the shop.
  2. Start grill and let it warm up. Drink more beer.
  3. Put ribs on grill and smother with homemade bbq sauce.
  4. Try liberal quantities of shine that a buddy brought over.
  5. Drink more beer.
  6. Fall asleep in recliner
A good recipe, but I use this one:
  1. Cook lots of chicken.
  2. Don't clean the drip tray.
C - Set the grill to 'high' to sear the ribs

Loper

Animal Poor!
I meant to post this a while ago but couldn't find the thread. LOL I bought a sous vide back in Jan and it is the best for roasts. This was an eye of round sous vide for 36 hours with garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Seared in a smoking hot cast iron to finish. LIKE BUTTER!! I also took the juices from the bag and made jus after searing the roast.

Attachments

• 138710726_10223886527488671_8219065309941862041_n.jpg
    138710726_10223886527488671_8219065309941862041_n.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 93

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I meant to post this a while ago but couldn't find the thread. LOL I bought a sous vide back in Jan and it is the best for roasts. This was an eye of round sous vide for 36 hours with garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Seared in a smoking hot cast iron to finish. LIKE BUTTER!! I also took the juices from the bag and made jus after searing the roast.
Looks great! I'm always impressed how tender the meat gets. I'm looking forward to a rib roast when they hit the stores in the fall. Going to finish it on the rotisserie outside.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Holy crap that looks good!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
what temp was that?

Loper

Animal Poor!
Looks great! I'm always impressed how tender the meat gets. I'm looking forward to a rib roast when they hit the stores in the fall. Going to finish it on the rotisserie outside.
I get a cow every year so I have all kinds of cuts in the freezer. I've done sirloin, eye of round, rib roasts, and a brisket a couple weeks ago. I don't sous vide my steaks though, they are already so tender just throwing them on the grill.

Holy crap that looks good!
you could cut it with a spoon!!!

what temp was that?

I believe it was 137 degrees and it was 20 hours not 32. the brisket I did was almost 72 hours at 140 and good Lord was it GREAT.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I believe it was 137 degrees and it was 20 hours not 32. the brisket I did was almost 72 hours at 140 and good Lord was it GREAT.
I cook at my steaks at 120 degrees, gives me a little more latitude when I sear them. And I prefer rare anyway.