Got an RV in MD? Do you have the Special Class A license?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't know of many people with an RV (especially 5th wheel) that weighs less than 10,000 lbs.
Driver License ClassYou May Drive:You May Tow:Exceptions
AAny single combination of vehiclesAny trailerMotorcycles
Endorsements may be required
BMotor vehicles 26,001 or more pounds (GVW)Trailers 10,000 pounds or lessCombination of Class F (tractor) and Class G (trailer) Motorcycles
CMotor vehicles under 26,001 pounds (GVW)Trailers 10,000 pounds or lessMotorcycles
Endorsements required

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It is interesting that many states have an exception for Rvs. MD requires class A license for them if trailing over 10,000

I know our F450 is 14,000 and the gooseneck is 20,000.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Having a Class A, I never worried about it back when I was actively using it for work, but I'm pretty sure when I got it the weight limit for B was 20,000.

Not sure if or when it changed.

nutz

I don't know of many people with an RV (especially 5th wheel) that weighs less than 10,000 lbs.
Driver License ClassYou May Drive:You May Tow:Exceptions
AAny single combination of vehiclesAny trailerMotorcycles
BMotor vehicles 26,001 or more pounds (GVW)Trailers 10,000 pounds or lessCombination of Class F (tractor) and Class G (trailer) Motorcycles
CMotor vehicles under 26,001 pounds (GVW)Trailers 10,000 pounds or lessMotorcycles
Endorsements required

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Found it...

As part of these new statutory requirements, some minor modifications have been made to the current format of the Maryland permit, license and identification products. Thepresentation of the “U”(NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES) restriction code on the front and back of the product remains unchanged. However, products issued on or after January 1, 2014 that bear a “U”restriction must also be accompanied by an “A” restriction noting that the holder may not use the product for the purchase of a firearm.

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/LEA-bulletin-2014.pdf

nutz

Is that the “so youre not from Md., dont live in md., not sure where youre really from universal acceptance code even though you are supposed to have filed Md. Taxes first?