Got Beer?

Hank

my war
I've used them to cool off a hot engine in the pit between races...and as radiator coolant...

I drink mine without the lime too....like a real man does.

Say..speaking of beer (my favorite subject), Bob's Beer Cave has upped their beer selection to over 1000 now! I like to look at them all every time I stop to buy a 12-pack of Corona.

Ya know. The only question I have towards liquor stores that offer so many beers, is how long to they keep them on the shelf.... I think an average shelf life for unrefrigerated beer is around 9-10 months....I need to start keeping an eye on expiration dates at these places. I can't imagine that they just trash all of the beer or maybe they do.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ya know. The only question I have towards liquor stores that offer so many beers, is how long to they keep them on the shelf.....

I wondered exactly that myself. Beer Cave does not store any beer outside of the big refrigerated "cave" though...so that extends the "still good" period a fair bit. But sooner or later..it'll skunk.

Hank

my war
Be warned: it has all the good qualities of Corona WITH lime; refreshing, VERY drinkable ad you'll be 3 or 4 in REAL fast. It's not a high ABC as far as Flying Drunk Ass Dog typically goes but it WILL reach out and touch you.

Oh, and do NOT let them fruit it. Does NOT need it. I have not had it on tap. Now I am jealous! It's fabulous in bottles. Just goes down way too easy.

Good beer! Probably perfect for Summer if the sun ever comes out. I was lucky enough to get the first pour on a fresh tap. No fruit.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wondered exactly that myself. Beer Cave does not store any beer outside of the big refrigerated "cave" though...so that extends the "still good" period a fair bit. But sooner or later..it'll skunk.

Most beers are dated these days.
Except for corona. Which is presumed 'skunked' so, no need for 'when' it will go bad. :evil:

Hank

my war
Starr Hill also has a Doppelbock Lager called Snow Blind I had never had that was quite tasty as well...

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Having some Trippel from a freshly filled Growler Legendary Brewing here in Richmond, man, tasty rocket fuel.....

somdfunguy

not impressed
Do you mean Legend? We have about 20 breweries here in town and most are top notch. Many award winning. Let me know your styles and I'll tell you some places to check out. We also have a great Facebook group that is all about VA craft brews if you're interested.

glhs837

Power with Control
Do you mean Legend? We have about 20 breweries here in town and most are top notch. Many award winning. Let me know your styles and I'll tell you some places to check out. We also have a great Facebook group that is all about VA craft brews if you're interested.

Daughter and her girlfriend are moving into an apt about 1/2 mile away from Legend so we'll be down that way often :) I think $30 was a bit high for a growler fill, though.